You will select a playwright (a person who writes plays) who has been active within the last 30 years (so, has written a play between 1989 and now). You will read one of the plays written by this playwright (also written within the last 30 years, a published one-act or full length, no 10-minute plays) and you will research the life of the playwright. You will create a one-page informational sheet about your playwright that will be made available to the rest of your classmates. Be sure that this is a new playwright, not one of the playwrights selected for this course, including future assignments.
You will need to provide:
· This should be one full page, single-spaced, but need not be more.
· A citation (MLA) for the script you read. The citation should be for a physical book, even if you read it online. If the script is available online, please ALSO include a link to where you read it.
· Basic biographical information for your playwright (Place of birth, age, gender, education, and any other information you deem relevant).
· Include any trends in the playwright’s work: does the playwright frequently engage similar themes? Does the playwright frequently tell the stories of certain groups of people? Or draw from his/her own life? What is the typical style the playwright engages?
· A one-paragraph summary of the play that you read.
· Be sure to cite all of your sources in MLA.
A few notes:
· You MAY NOT use a playwright we are reading in this course. Check the syllabus for this list.
· Focus should be given to the playwright, not the play. The play merely serves as an example of the playwright’s work.
· Play titles should be italicized.
· Wikipedia is not a source! It is open-sourced so the information cannot be trusted to be accurate. It can be helpful as a place to find more sources, but it should not be your final destination for information.
· I encourage you to select a playwright you identify with, either someone with a similar background as you, or who deals with issues about which you are passionate. Find a playwright you can get excited about!
· The UGL and the library website have MANY scripts available. The internet is also filled with content. You are not required to purchase a script. A good place to look for scripts is the website Playscripts, which lets you read scripts for free! Also, check out the Humana Festival collections, Dramatists Play Services, and Samuel French, even the WSU production calendar or past seasons! But, you must read the script. Attending the play will not suffice for this assignment.
· Look to the author information provided in the lecture slides for the plays we have read thus far for examples.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more