You will be asked to watch one episode of a medical television show, such as House, Grey’s Anatomy, or ER. They will identify the values portrayed by the main characters in the book or show, identify which type of ethical theory the characters display, analyze how the characters behave in relation to these values, the impact on the patient, what aspect of ethical problems were displayed, and the ethical decision-making process used by the characters.
The decision-making process 1-9
1.Clearly define the issue:
• Identifying and clarifying the problem presented
• Examining what values are in conflict.
2. Determine the facts of the situation:
• This can be accomplished by gathering data
• Data gathering can occur by speaking with other people who may have information about the situation or by reviewing relevant records
3. Determine who the stakeholders are, the value at stake, and the obligations and interest of each stakeholder.
• Is the decision maker the victim of the problem?
• Are there more parties involved?
• Should the relationship between stakeholder be explored to avoid potential biases?
4.Determine what options are available and evaluate them.
• Examined options thoroughly for both short-term and long-term outcomes and their impact upon everyone involved.
• Each option can be compared against an ethical theory for guidance in decision making.
• By linking an ethical theory with each option, the decision maker clarifies the basis supporting each one.
5. Decide what should be done.
After weighing each options, the decision maker must reach a decision and act upon it.
6.Justify the decision made by identifying reasons that support the decision
7. Implement decision
8. Evaluate the outcome of the decision
Compare the actual outcome against the predicted outcome
If the actual outcome is unforeseen, the decision maker can evaluate what she may have missed in the data-gathering or option-generation stages.
9. Examine how to prevent the issue from recurring
Is there any further action can prevent the ethical problem from recurring?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more