Read the following article from the Wall Street Journal:
Wells, Georgia, and Betsy Morris. “Snap Brings Camera into Focus as Social Messaging Tool; Company Bought a Series of Companies Specializing in Computer Vision, Augmented Reality.” Wall Street Journal (Online)Feb 27 2017.
In a one-page, single spaced paper, answer the following questions:
- Describe the strategic direction of each of the three social networking platforms discussed in the article (Snap, Facebook, and Twitter)?
- Which of these three strategies seems the most promising to you? Why?
- How did Snap differentiate itself when they launched? Why was that difference important to users?
- What enhancements have they made? Why have these been important to users? advertisers? Why is it important to appeal to both users and advertisers?
As I grade this assignment, I will be looking for the following:
- Your ability to describe the variety of strategies being pursued by the three social media platforms.
- Your ability to develop a thesis statement about which one is the most promising and back it up.
- Your understanding of how Snap differentiated itself from other platforms and how they have enhanced the platform
- Your understanding of the importance of appealing to both users and advertisers
- Professional Communication, spelling, and grammar