Read the Case Study – A Deadly Picnic
Your response must be in at least 100 words.
Support your response with information and observation from the case study
You must critically support your opinion
The Facts of the Case
Centerville police discovered the body of a 36-year-old white male (later identified as Gaven Brooks) in a
field about twenty miles north of town. Mr. Brooks’s body was discovered at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, October
11. He was found lying face-up on a yellow, queen-size sheet. According to autopsy reports, one fatal
gunshot to the back of the head ended Mr. Brooks’s life. Scientists estimate that death occurred at about
4:20 p.m. As investigators scanned the crime scene, they made the following notes:
• Paper plates filled with partially eaten fried chicken, deviled eggs, potato salad, and chocolate cake
were located near Mr. Brooks’s body.
• An open bottle of red wine and two partially filled glasses of wine were found next to the yellow sheet.
• A recently smoked cigarette butt was found near the sheet.
• Shoeprints from the road to the field were those of a male, size 10, and a female, size 5. The only
shoeprints from the field back to the road were those of a female, size 5.
• Car tracks of the same wheelbase and tread pattern as Mr. Brooks’s automobile were found at the road.
The car was not found at the scene.
• Mr. Brooks’s car was found abandoned in an empty parking lot in downtown Centerville.
Investigators believe that a female friend of Mr. Brooks was responsible for his demise. After questioning
family and friends, it was discovered that the deceased had frequent social outings with six women who
live in or near Centerville. The women’s names are Rita, Lauren, Gail, Janice, Elaine, and Peggy.
Investigators gathered the following information about the six women:
• Janice works full-time as a caterer.
• Elaine and Gail are schoolteachers.
• Rita’s mother says Rita arrived home in her own car at about 5 p.m.
• Peggy and Elaine live together in a two-bedroom apartment in downtown Centerville.
• Gail lives in a nearby town called Jordan.
• Elaine and Janice are very petite women—they wear size 4 jeans.
• Gail and Peggy are smokers.
• Rita’s father owns a gun shop.
• Elaine attends a 5-p.m. yoga class in downtown Centerville every Friday afternoon and has not missed
a class in two years.
• Peggy is deathly allergic to grapes.
• Lauren works at a chemical supply house.
• Rita lives in a country house about thirty miles west of Centerville.
• Gail is a vegan.
• Rita is a florist.
• Janice doesn’t know how to drive.
• Elaine and Gail hate the color yellow.
• Lauren played center for a semiprofessional basketball team five years ago. She has red hair and is six
feet, one inch tall.
Who potentially murdered Mr. Brooks??
The Facts of the Case
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more