Do We Need a Wall Between the US and Mexico (Comments from Debate.org)
1. Yes, because we need to stop the immigrants from entering illegally.
We need to stop immigrants from entering the country somehow. It seems to be getting worse and worse these days. Immigrants are coming into our country and taking advantage of our welfare and government assistance programs. I’m all for immigrants to come and better themselves in the U.S. I know we have a lot more to offer than most countries. Just come here legally.
2. Yes, It will prevent them
Statistics show that since building a fence in San Diego County, the illegal aliens, drug smuggling, and crime rates have gone down drastically. If we apply this fence to the US-Mexico border, it will decrease immigration and make the US better. It will also create more jobs for us if we build a fence.
3. Keep them out, Kick them out, encourage legal immigration
We have immigration laws for good reasons. Good people creating and enforcing good laws for the American public. All nations have these laws with the same expectations. Our laws and enforcement don’t harm these people. Choosing to break our laws may be the lesser evil. However they have still chosen to break our laws.
4. I agree that a border fence between Mexico and the U.S. is necessary.
The reason I think a fence between Mexico and the U.S is necessary is because we have a big problem with illegal immigrants taking jobs and invading cities. America needs stricter laws to prevent these things from happening and a fence would enforce the law that has been broken countless times.
5. Yes, because, unfortunately, a border fence between Mexico and the U.S. is the cheapest way to enforce illegal immigration.
This country was founded upon immigration, so by no means do I agree with many of the laws that make it hard for immigrants to become citizens. However, I am fully aware of the economic costs to legal citizens by allowing too many illegal immigrants to live and work in the United States. So, with that in mind, a border fence is the cheapest and most cost-effective way of keeping out illegal immigrants from Mexico.
6. Walls work look at Israel and Germany
Israel West Bank barrier was built to protect from Palestine political violence and it works. The number of bombings have dropped dramatically , although we are not in a sever life or death situation with radical suicide bombers the wall helps against them so it will help us I hope. Germany’s wall separating east and West Berlin I think was built in early 60s and tore down in 80s worked as well . A wall is defiantly something to consider .
1. No. It is expensive and impractical. The barrier uses too much money with too little benefit. Simple. There will always be “illegal aliens” crossing into the United States; utilizing effective preventative measures (i.E. Stopping underground and sea immigration/smuggling) would be expensive and impractical. Instead of funding the barrier (which is hardly a “secure” solution), we should support offering practical assimilation programs (e.g. Providing English handbooks to families and other aliens) for people who desire a better life in America (so they are legally legible for jobs and benefits). Drug smugglers and aliens who abuse our laws will be prosecuted as they are currently, however assimilation should be an available option for the honest and eager immigrants. Millions are disadvantaged and simply wanting a better life. We can help them without having to donate or increase tax; transfer investment from this unnecessary wall to helping these people become Americans.
2. The fence is ineffective. It kills animals and nature. It also doesn’t keep drug smugglers and terrorists away from America. It is not necessary. It also hurts and kills people. I don’t think that people are stopping terrorist attacks. They hurt animals. They take them away from their natural habitat. They rarely get nutritious food, so they die
3. They help our economy and deserve more
Why are we keeping them out, just because their Mexican? They work at 52% of our jobs, so they help out our economy. And, The Declaration of Independence clearly states that all men are created EQUAL, and our endowed to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Why are we denying them those rights we have ourselves? They should live their dreams, (Ex. Get a good job, explore or visit another country, or simply to live in a democracy where freedom rings.) A fence just gives us a poor, discriminating impression. And other countries probably wouldn’t view it very lightly either.
4. I don’t think it is necessary because we are all people and we all want to have a better life.
Yes they might bring drugs over, but how many Americans go over there to get drugs. If you think about it we are all wanting a better life for our families and Mexico is in poverty and we don’t need the border because that just kills people for wanting to have a better life.
5. I am against the construction of a border fence between Mexico and the U.S., as it is a waste of government resources. The construction of a border fence between the U.S. and Mexico would not only be an ineffective tool for controlling immigration, it would be an utter waste of government resources. A fence is no deterrent for a family or group determined to get into the United States. They can simply climb over it. If it were manned and monitored closely enough to be effective, it would cost a ridiculous amount of public tax money to employ the border guards required. This cost comes as an addition to the initial construction cost, which for a fence that extensive, would be a high amount as well.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more