A US Public Health Agency Review
There are several government agencies that impact the health of Americans. The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the leading public health agency in the USA. HHS administers diverse health and human services, conducts important health research, and executes various programs aimed at protecting and serving the nation through its 11 operating divisions, (eight agencies within the U.S. Public Health Service and three human services agencies) (HHS, 2015).For this assignment, select one of the operating divisions of HHS or an HHS program and complete the following.
1. General introductory statement that includes some basic information on the US public health system and the HHS to lead into your discussion of the operating division you have selected to review.
2. Outline key phases in the history and development of your selected agency or program.
a. When was the agency established
b. Include any legislation or policy decisions that led up to the formation of the agency
c. Specifically, comment on how the Affordable Care Act and/or other policy or legislation may have impacted the agency/program, its services, and target population(s).
3. Briefly describe major features of the agency or program, including:
a. Subsidiary agencies/departments/divisions
b. Services covered or provided
c. Eligible population
d. Infrastructure, e.g., annual budget, staffing, sponsoring agency
e. Documented efficiency and/or effectiveness
4. Discuss the policy process that supports the agency or program, i.e.,
a. Is the agency/program an entitlement (mandatory) or discretionary program?
b. Based on the above, explain the federal budget process for appropriating agency/program funds.In other words, how is the program funded?
c. Which House and Senate committees have jurisdiction over the agency/program?
d. Roles of federal versus state governments in financing the agency/program.
e. Roles of federal, state, and local governments in administering (delivering) the services of the agency/program.
f. What groups have an interest in the agency/program and advocate for it?
g. What groups advocate against the agency/program?
5. Identify what activities have been conducted and what type of funding (if any) has been provided to improve the health of the residents of the state of KY or any other state in HHS Region 4.
6. Comment on the sustainability and future outlook of the agency/program, including both challenges and opportunities.
a. Those could be in the areas of budget/funding, human resources, supply and demand for program services, or any other strategic or operational matter pertaining to the program.You can add your opinion and perspectives in this section.
Format/Layout/Writing Grammar & Mechanics (3 points)
Title page: Include title of your project that includes the name of the agency under review, your name, course name and number, name of course instructor and the date. This page is not included in the page count.
Paper Format: Times New Roman, font size 12, font color black, double spaced. Follows requirements of length excluding cover page and reference page(s): Not fewer than 4 pages but not more than 6 pages. Please include page numbers.
Grammar & Mechanics: Clarity of sentences and paragraphs, organization and coherence of ideas, fluency, sequencing, spelling, grammar, and general use of English
Main Text/Content/Information (20 points)
Be sure to cover all the sections outlined
1. General introductory statement that includes descriptive information about HHS to lead into your discussion of the operating division.
2. Outline key phases in the history and development of your selected agency or program. Identify and explain any changes made as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
3. Briefly describe major features of the agency or program
4. Discuss the policy process that supports the agency or program
5. Identify some activities and funding the agency provided in the state of KY
6. Write a brief conclusion about your outlook on this agency or program
References and Use of references (APA STYLE) (2 points)
The information presented appears based on careful research. Please synthesize and integrate evidence and information from multiple sources. Use of at least six factual/scholarly/peer reviewed references or the official websites for US government agencies.
APA format followed for
and Works Cited/References.
Credit must be given for references and sources of information. Each paragraph must have your source of information cited.
Your informed opinions may only be included in section 6 of the paper.
You MUST cite your sources of information using APA format in the body of your paper.
Evidence of Plagiarism
(Check your Safe Assign Score; Fix any issues and then resubmit your paper, if not you may lose at least 10 points and may be subject to other penalties associated with Academic Misconduct.
No points will be taken off for the references highlighted in your Safe Assign Report.
US Department of Health and Human Services. (2015). Available at: https://www.hhs.gov/about/agencies/hhs-agencies-and-offices/index.html
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.