Target marketing may also be considered as ________.
1) wide blasts of media messages
2) shotgun marketing
3) undifferentiated marketing
4) differentiated marketing
If you were describing a market for farm equipment, which segmentation basis would be the primary descriptor of the market segment?
What kind of information would be considered in demographic segmentation?
1) nationality, social class, job title
2) location, longevity, language
3) age, income, gender
4) intelligence, maturity, stability
What are the common characteristics of a family life cycle?
1) A family’s transportation preferences
2) The ups and downs a family faces over the cousre of a single year
3) The age range of a family
4) The stages a family goes through over time and the effects of these stages on their buying behavior
Does a customer’s ethnicity impact buying decisions?
1) Consumer diversity is a social rather than a marketing concern.
2) Ethnicity has a large impact on purchasing decisions.
3) Ethnicity has a minor impact on purchasing decisions.
4) Ethnicity has no impact on purchasing decisions.
Psychographic segmentation deals with which customer characteristics?
1) Addictions, avoidances, angtagonisms
2) Neuroses, psychoses, dysfunctions
3) Age, gender, income
4) Values, attitudes, lifestyles
What might be among the benefits of effective market segmentation?
1) Customer messages are more difficult to compose for segmented customers.
2) There are no benefits to be gained by segmenting customers.
3) The marketing department will be allocated a larger budget for more advertising to reach even more potential customers.
4) The numbers of possible competitors decreases in a well-defined segmented market.
What is the critical role of ‘positioning’ in marketing?
1) It can incorporate a competitive message.
2) It provides a cogent reason why a customer should buy a product.
3) It can override a customer’s predisposition.
4) It diverts attention from the product’s flaws.
Which of the following is the best approach to repositioning a company’s products and/or brands?
1) Changing market perceptions with changes in promotional messages
2) Product and brand repositioning is impossible to achieve
3) An increased focus on a company in marketing messages
4) Eliminating the product or brand from the company’s holdings
Demographics can be used to help companies develop products to meet consumer needs and to anticipate future needs. For example, if a power tool company learned that more women are making home-improvement product purchase, using this demographic data the company could _____.
1) increase the price of all their consumer power tool products.
2) stop producing consumer power tools.
3) include large-print instructions with consumer power tool products.
4) produce a line of pastel-colored power tools.
Demographics can be used to help companies develop goods and services to meet consumer needs and to anticipate future needs. For example, a pizza shop has a limited delivery zone. The pizza shop owner learns that a new apartment building has just been built on the outskirts of town just outside their regular delivery area. The residents of the apartment building are young families. The pizza shop owner knows that young families are his biggest consumers. What should the pizza shop owner do?
1) Ignore the new demographics of his growing community.
2) Add new pizza specials to his menu that families will enjoy.
3) Increase the scope of the delivery area to include the new apartment building.
4) Survey existing customers to collect information about the growing community.
A company that wants to focus all its limited resources on one market segment would practice which target-market strategy?
4) Multisegment marketing
Mary Jane is opening a new boutique store in the heart of an historic city. Mary Jane will only sell art produced by local artists as she noted other galleries were selling artwork from artists located across the country. Mary Jane will engage in what market target market strategy?
Segmenting global markets is the same as segmenting domestic markets.
1) No, global marketers need to segment only by picking countries in which they want to sell their products or services.
2) No, customer variables in different countries are easier to identify than domestic customer variables.
3) Yes, global markets are much easier to segment than domestic markets.
4) Yes, the same segmentation variables apply to global as well as domestic markets.
Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of an attractive market segment?
1) The segment is sizable enough to be profitable.
2) The segment is growing.
3) The segment is all female.
4) The segment is accessible.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more