English 1302 – _________
Title your Research/Personal Responsibility essay.
Write an Argumentative/Research essay of four full typed pages (double spaced) that answers an ethical question pertaining to a focused body of work.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
· Which characters in your research showed moral growth? What were the causes of this change? Which character showed the most growth? Defend your position.
· Analyze the actions of any major characters in Hamlet, applying two tests which any ethical action must pass: (1) The Golden Rule and (2) universality (Would the person taking the action want all persons to act the same way in a similar situation?).
· Analyze the actions of any major characters in The Metamorphosis, applying two tests which any ethical action must pass: (1) The Golden Rule and (2) universality (Would the person taking the action want all persons to act the same way in a similar situation?)
· Appraise the values of at least one character in The Metamorphosis. Was this character(s) justified in his or her treatment or reaction to Gregor Samsa’s condition? Defend your reasoning.
· Analyze several works from one of the authors studied this semester. How does the author’s own ethics resonate with his or her work?
· Analyze several characters created by one of the authors studied this semester. Evaluate the extent to which the author’s own ethics resonates with each individual character. Describe the impact on the finality of this particular piece.
· Alternative prompt: formulate a thesis involving an answer to an ethical question as it relates to an author or characters from a larger body of works.
As always, the answer to the question–your thesis–should be defended with at least three points.
Evaluation criteria follow:
Ethical Choices: Student thoroughly discusses at least two sides of an ethical choice to be made.
· Decision Making: Student states a position on the issue based on at least three points and offers an opposing view and counterargument supported with database sources.
· Consequences: Student identifies consequences and demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of the scope, complexity, and/or magnitude of the consequences.
· Evidence: Student includes a Works Cited page that lists at least three database sources. The body of the essay includes a total of at least five citations from sources.
The essay should demonstrate the following ENGL 1302 outcomes:
· College level spelling and punctuation skills
· MLA format for margins, header, personal information, paragraph indention, double spacing
· In-text citations
· Works Cited page
· Clearly stated thesis statement
· Topic sentences that flows from thesis statement
· Sentence variety
· No egregious grammar mistakes
YOU MUST SUBMIT AN OUTLINE
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more