Timed Writing Question Bank:
Answer ONE of the following using complete sentences. Make sure that your answer is written in paragraph form with grammatically correct complete sentences, and that it includes a thesis, indicates the reasons for the thesis. Write AS MUCH as you think you need to; there is no page limit.
1. In Martin Luther King Junior’s seminal speech, “The Other America”, King argues that “there is another America, and this other America has a daily ugliness about it that transforms ebulliency of hope into the fatigue of despair”. He later mentions that in order to make advances in civil rights, Americans must “dispel two or three myths”. Explain in detail what this other America looks like, and what two or three myths King refutes in order to bring the country closer together. Be sure to try to use any related keywords in either reading
2. Both Martin Luther King Junior and W.E.B. Dubois argue different reasons for how they believe racial division manifests in American society. Describe in detail the ways that EACH figure argues racism manifests AND compare and contrast their arguments. Be sure to try to use any related keywords in either reading.
3. Over the course of the semester, each of our readings incorporated the role education plays in forming a just or unjust society. Using any three of the stories we read, describe in detail how education and a more fair society relate to one another AND share your personal analysis of how much you believe the two are connected/unconnected, as well as why. Be sure to use specific details and mention which stories you are referring to.
4. In Albert Camus’ “The Guest”, the prisoner goes to prison at the end, even though the schoolteacher offers him a chance to seek freedom. Does he make the right decision?
5. In Albert Camus’ “The Guest”, did the schoolmaster, the prisoner, and the police-man make fair decisions about how to handle the fate of the prisoner? If yes, who, to what extent, and why? If no, why? (If you believe there is another answer you may also argue that)
6. In Franz Kafka’s “Before the Law”, the main-character waits for permission to be granted entry into beyond the gate, but never receives it. Do you believe it was possible for him to have gone beyond the gate somehow, and why or why not? What do you believe the gate, the gatekeeper, and the fact that the main character never enters the gate symbolize/s about society, life, religion, etc? Be sure to describe your answer in detail using specifics from the story.
7. In Franz Kafka’s “Before the Law”, the gatekeeper discourages the main character from trying to get past the entrance. Is this fair on the gatekeeper’s part? Describe the characteristics of both the gatekeeper and the main character. What is their relationship with one another like? Be sure to answer your answer in detail using specifics from the story.
8. How does Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “Self-Reliance” urge individuals/society to change and live a better lifestyle? Do you agree with Emerson’s ideas, and to what extent? Why or why not?
9. Out of all the readings covered over the semester, which character(s) or figure(s) do you believe embodies the Emersonian ideal of “self-reliance”? Provide clear examples and elaborate with details.
10. All of the readings this semester grapple with themes of social reform and revolution. What argument do you believe Kurt Vonnegut’s “Harrison Bergeron” makes about society’s supposed strives for a more just and fair society? Be sure to elaborate using specifics from the story.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more