As an IT manager, create a 10 – 15 slide professional PowerPoint presentation (using speaker notes) for the CEO by Wednesday, June 19, 2013. The presentation topic is the evolution of information systems as seen in the organization you selected in module 1.
You will conduct research and analyze information to make recommendations for an updated system that can meet the business requirements of your chosen organization.
1. Summarize the organization’s current and past use of information systems and its impact on operations, decision making, efficiency, and profitability.
2. Explain the usage and purpose of the IS system, the improvements that can be made to it, and analyze the need for an information system. Elaborate on how decisions are made using the IT system.
3. Identify three key business requirements or needs that the system must meet of your selected organization (e.g., the system must track all customer sales by product, region, and sales representative).
4. Then, assuming that a system upgrade would be possible, discuss your responsibility as an IS professional and the roles of others in the organization to define new or other business information systems that might be needed and to select an appropriate platform. Consider various types of decision-making support systems (DSS).
5. Include a title slide, reference slide and incorporate at least three resources in your presentation.
Present your research, analysis, and recommendations in a format that could be shared with stakeholders without technical knowledge. Provide diagrams or other visual aids to explain your analysis, if needed.
Submit your assignment to the M3: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Summarized past and current information systems used by the selected organization.||28|
|Explained impact of information systems on operations, decision-making, efficiency, and profitability.||28|
|Described decision support system (DSS) used by the selected organization.||24|
|Evaluated the usefulness of a DSS and the existing DSS.||28|
|Identified and described three key business requirements of the selected organization.||24|
|Determined need for upgrade and described likely upgrade for the business requirements identified.||24|
|Style (4 points): Tone, audience, and word choiceOrganization (12 points): Introduction, transitions, and conclusionUsage and Mechanics (12 points):Grammar, spelling, and sentence structureAPA Elements (16 points): In text citations and references, paraphrasing, and appropriate use of quotations and other elements of style||44|
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more