Topic 1: Introduction to Social Work with Older Adults
Lesson 1 Discussion (250 words).
Please create a discussion post
Do you have any experience in Social Work and/or working with older adults? If yes, please share some of your experience (s).
What do you hope to learn from this course?
Topic 2: Culture & Meaning/Culture as a Social Construct
Lesson 1 Discussion-2 (250 words).
After reviewing the readings/video, please consider the following in your discussion post.
What are your current perceptions of older adults?
What do you think needs to change regarding society’s view of older adults/aging?
What needs to change about how older adults are cared for in the US?
What are some of the myths about older adults that surprised you?
Please complete the following Implicit Association Test (IAT). You will click on “Take a Test” and then choose the “Age -IAT test.” https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
Please submit one-page to include the following information.
• What were your thoughts on taking this test?
• What did you learn about any potential bias you may have relating to age?
• Please share any other thoughts.
Approximately one page and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar prior to submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
Topic 2- Aging and Wellness
Lesson 2 Discussion-1 (250 words).
Please view the Ted Talk below:
Buetter, D. (2009, September). How to live to be 100. . TED Conferences. https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_buettner_how_to_live_to_be_100/transcript?language=en
After reviewing the above Ted Talk: How to Live to be 100, please consider the following in your discussion post:
What is your perspective on individuals living past 100 years?
If you had the opportunity to meet a Centenarian, what are 5 questions you would ask to better understand this generation?
Did you notice any similarities or differences between the Centenarians from the “Living to 100 Years of Age” video from the 1980s and the Ted Talk above?
How can loneliness and social isolation impact older adults as they age?
Lesson 2 Readings and Videos Resources
Thames Tv. (2021 Feb 15). Living to 100 years of age. . YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_RVsf90xg
LESSON 2 ASSIGNMENT
Please conduct a 45 minute to 1-hour interview with an older adult (65 or older). You can choose a family member, friend, neighbor, co-worker, etc. Use the following topics as a guide for your interview.
• Information about their childhood and family.
• Any particular ages the person noticed that they were getting older?
• What are 1-2 historical or societal events the person has lived through and how did that impact them?
• What have been some of the biggest changes you have seen in life/society as you have aged?
• What have been the best ages/times of your life so far?
• Do you have any particular goals/hopes for the future?
• How are young people today different from when you were their age?
• What advice/words of wisdom would you give young people to help them prepare for their old age?
• Have you ever experienced any negative attitudes or discrimination because of your age?
• Other topics you feel are relevant.
For this assignment, please submit in 2–3-page using the following outline:
• Summarize your interview.
– How did you feel during the interview?
– What did you learn about this person’s life and their experience with aging?
– Did anything surprise you about the interview or interviewee?
– How did this interview impact your view of older adults?
Approximately 2-3 pages and include high-quality writing. Please include a title page and double-check all spelling and grammar prior to submitting. Also, please make sure to cite all relevant information and include references as appropriate.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more