Statistics

Please check attached
statisticsmath
ATTACHED FILE(S)
Chapter 13 Linear Optimization
Instructions: Please submit your work in one single Excel file with one tab/worksheet for each problem.
1. (50 points) Rosenberg Land Development (RLD) is a developer of condominium properties in the Southwest United States. RLD has recently acquired a 40.625-acre site outside Phoenix, Arizona. Zoning restrictions allow at most eight units per acre. Three types of condominiums are planned: one-, two-, and three-bedroom units. The average construction costs for each type of unit are $450,000, $600,000, and $750,000, respectively. These units will generate a net profit of 10%. The company has equity and loans totaling $180 million dollars for this project. From prior development projects, senior managers have determined that there must be a minimum of 15% one-bedroom units, 25% two-bedroom units, and 25% three-bedroom units.
a. Develop a mathematical model to determine how many of each type of unit the developer should build.
b. Implement your model on a spreadsheet and find an optimal solution.
2. (50 points) Kelly Foods has two plants and ships canned vegetables to customers in four cities. The cost of shipping one case from a plant to a customer is given in the following table.

Plant\Customer

Chicago

Cincinnati

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

Akron

$1.70

$2.30

$2.50

$2.15

Evansville

$1.95

$2.35

$1.65

$2.95
The plant in Akron has a capacity of 3,500 cases per week, and the Evansville plant can produce 4,000 cases per week. Customer orders for the next week are as follows:
Chicago: 1,200 cases
Cincinnati: 2,000 cases
Indianapolis: 2,500 cases
Pittsburgh: 1,400 cases
Find the minimum cost shipping plan.

Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more