Purpose of the Assignment: The assignment consists of two parts (Part 1 and Part 2) and is designed to provide students the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to develop a well- structured abstract with the inclusion of appropriate sources and develop an understanding on how you will need to work on and develop various dissertation chapters.
Part 1 – Abstract
Your task is: Please prepare and upload your proposed abstract. Please follow the suggested structure – Good abstract samples are available on Moodle – week 8.
An abstract is a concise summary of a research paper or entire thesis. It is an original work, not an excerpted passage. An abstract must be fully self-contained and make sense by itself, without further reference to outside sources or to the actual paper. It highlights key content areas, your research purpose, the relevance or importance of your work, and the main outcomes. It is a well-developed single paragraph of approximately 250 – 300 words in length. The function of the abstract is to outline briefly all parts of the thesis.
Word Limit: 500
Part 2 – Mind Map
Your task is: The second part of the assignment aims to assist you to develop an understanding on how you will need to work on and develop various dissertation chapters. You can use the outcome of this assignment to develop your research proposal at a later stage. Please remember you can always change your topic at a later stage.
Please produce a document to describe how you intend to structure your dissertation. Your document should include a brief description (synopsis) of your chapters. Your synopsis should include the following:
1. Introduction: Your suggested topic with your suggested Research Question(s) and Research Objectives. Any current trends that are relevant to your selected topic. Please also comment on the significance of your study.
2. Literature Review: Please list any sources / studies that you feel are relevant to your
selected topic. Moreover, please mention any theories / models that you intend to use and you feel that will add value to your work. please briefly discuss the gap in the current literature and ideally link it to your research question(s).
3. Methodology: Briefly mention your suggested methodology (Quantitative / Qualitative / Mixed). How you intend to collect and analyse your data? Are there any limitations? You do not need to be very extensive here as we are going to talk more about different approaches and research philosophies during Research Methods II.
4. Findings: Here you need to mention briefly your expected / desired findings. How your findings will add value to the current literature? Who will be interested in your findings? Briefly identify any stakeholders.
5. Conclusion. Briefly mention whether you expect that your findings can be generalised (based on the size of your desired / expected sample). Would you think about any future areas of research?
Word Limit: 1000
Assessment Weighting (Part 1 and Part 2): 60% of your Total Mark
Total Word count: 1500
Please submit both parts in one single document. Deadline: 17 January 2021 at 23:59 CEST
Suitable Reference System: Harvard
1. Library/Internet based research. Try to use a mixture of resources – books, articles as well as the internet.
2. Understanding of the issues raised by the questions.
3. Concise and clear presentation. Acknowledge any quotes, ideas or arguments that are not your own using the Harvard system. Include a list of references.
4. Originality and a critical and questioning approach. It is important to be objective and to support statements with evidence.
5. A logical structure.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more