Reflection on Audience Analysis and Research
As noted in the syllabus you will need to gather an audience for your final speech at the end of the quarter. You will record your audience so I can see that you are speaking to an audience (I don’t need to see their faces as you speak, just that you have an audience). This assignment is designed to help you prepare and consider support material and the research needed to connect with this audience for your Informative Speech that you will create and deliver. Answer these questions about members of your intended audience so you can prepare to think about the material you will need to cover in your speech and the research you may need to locate. Then initiate research on your topic through the Cascadia College library online or at school and as a beginning, note at least two possible (you may change later don’t worry!) different types of sources that you might use from our library system for your topic. Provide APA citations for these sources.
1. What beliefs, attitudes, needs, interests, or values do you share with the members of your primary audience? Thinking about your topic how might you build on this common ground to support your thesis?
2. What audience demographics (age, gender, education level, group and political affiliations, religion, socio-cultural background) might be relevant to your considered topic? Can your audience be characterized according to any particular predominant demographic characteristics as noted in the textbook?
Knowing the demographics of your audience is an important thing to consider when you create your speech. These are cultural differences that will affect how your audience responds to your delivery and content so make yourself aware of the possibilities as you create your speech. Write what you know about your audience in light of these questions.
3. How important is your topic to your audience? Do they already care about it? Why? If not, how can you motivate them to listen?
4. What aspects of your topic will be most relevant to them? How might you best gain and hold their attention from the beginning of your speech?
5. What do they already know about your topic? What do they want and need to know in order for you to establish your main points and assertions responsibly?
6. How do they feel about your topic? Would they be predisposed to act in a positive, neutral, or negative fashion? Can you think of any obvious reasons why they may not be open to any other new ideas represented by your topic and purpose?
7. What might some of the research that you located help you with in regard to your topic and this possible audience? You must locate TWO sources and add the citations at the bottom of this essay.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more