Lab Assignment 3
Lab Assignment 3 is on database development using Microsoft Access 2003/2007/2010/2013. It involves the following features of MS Access to be used in solving a business problem:
– Create database
– Data entry: tables, fields, records, and primary key
– Add, change, delete in database
– Create relationship, sort and retrieve data
– Create and modify query, form, and report: wizard
– Print report based request
Lab Assignment 3 – further instructions
a)This is from outside the textbook. See pages 2-3 for the problem description.b)The assignment needs to be done with Microsoft Access Database software only.You may use Office 2003 or 2007 or 2010 or 2013 version of Access software. c)You need a basic knowledge of Microsoft Access. See main page for links to tutorials, click on the for Labs 2 and 3 – Microsoft Excel and Access”.
d)Submitting Instructions: After you have completed the different parts of the assignment inMicrosoft Access, you should have a single “.mdb” file (Microsoft Access 2003’s default file format extension) or an “.accdb” file (Access 2007/2010/2013 default file extension) which, when you open, would show the tables, queries etc. in answers to the different parts of the assignment as directed in the problem description. As usual, use the Blackboard assignment submission feature to submit to the assignment drop box.
e) Regarding getting your own copy of MS Access software, students informs me:
Office Ultimate Student version for $139, 30-day trial versions may be available for free
COSC 3325 Lab Assignment 3: “Notebook Database” *
You are to develop a simple database that will store notebook specification including price
for each notebook using Microsoft Access 2003/2007/2010/2013. Follow the instructions
1. Open Microsoft Access 2003/2007/2010/2013.
2. Create a blank Access database in the MS Access folder and save as Computer Shop.
3. Create a new table named Notebook that contains these fields/attributes:
Field Name Data Type
Tip: Use Design View to create this table. 4. Retain Primary Key field’s name as ID.
5. Enter these data into Notebook table:
Field Name Data brand Compaq
processor Intel Code 2 Duo
6. Close Notebook table.
7. Create a form to insert new data into Notebook table.
8. Save the insert form as New Notebook Form.
9. Enter data for four notebooks using New Notebook Form. (Make up some reasonable figures.)
COSC 3325 Lab Assignment 3 on Database – Using Microsoft Access
10. Create a query that is able to retrieve these items: Brand, Model, Price
11. Save the query as Quick Notebook Info.
12. Run the query.
13. Create a report that will show all fields/attributes and sort the records according to Brand.
14. Save the report as Notebook Inventory.
15. Adjust the columns in report design to ensure all data are displayed in a proper manner.
16. Close the report.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more