Instruction in attachment
Preparation outline 1
Preparation outline 3
Specific Purpose: After this speech, my audience will know the challenges that are affecting the community in relation to human trafficking.
Organizational Pattern: Topical
Intended Audience: Class members.
I. Have you ever just thought about the fact that people are still traded for the purpose of force labor or you think this is a thing of past?
II. I will talk to you about the topic of human trafficking in twenty first century.
III. By the end of this speech, you will know the opportunities available to stop this socially ill practice that is perpetrated by people around our society.
Now with that being said, I would love to talk to you more about human trafficking. It is common practice for human beings to be traded for the purpose of profiting by the trafficker or others, whether it be for the purposes of forced labor, sexual slavery, or commercial sexual exploitation.
This may entail supplying a spouse in a forced marriage, removing an organ or tissue (as in surrogacy or ova removal), or providing a child via artificial reproduction.
People of all ages, including children, may be victims of human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Humans are also trafficked and enslaved for economic gain, sometimes to labor on a farm or in a factory to serve as a maid, nanny, or other household employee.
The main aim of this discussion is to impact knowledge and awareness on the topic of human trafficking.
By organizing you in this forums and awareness events I have with me anti-trafficking experts, or rally around a victim care organization in your area. You can ask them any question for more clarification on this topic.
Konrad, R. A. (2019). Designing awareness campaigns to counter human trafficking: An analytic approach.
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
INFORMATIVE SPEECH TOPIC WORKSHEET
1. What is the overall “issue” you have chosen to cover for the course?
Human Trafficking in the US.
2. What is the informative topic related to the “issue” that you’ve chosen for the informative speech?
Human trafficking prevention and impacts on the public.
3. What is your Specific Purpose Statement?
I want to inform about forms of human trafficking, its impacts and how to prevent it. It is important however learn such aspects through encouraging the public to report instances and any other form of human trafficking.
4. What method(s) of gaining attention do you plan to use in the introduction?
I intend to capture people’s attention during the introduction of the speech by using a quotation according to ‘Free the Slaves’ and that globally, it has been concluded that the average cost of a slave is $90. This is meant to create attention for the audience to be aware of facts before we get into the thesis statement.
5. How do you plan to establish your credibility in the introduction?
I plan to establish the credibility of my introduction by dressing appropriately, introducing myself and ensure to give a strong and confident delivery of the introductory paragraph.
6. What method of organization will you use in the informative speech?
I plan to use the topical organization to pass my information about human trafficking in the US. This involves beginning from a broader perspective of the topic and narrowing down to specific information to guarantee learning.
7. State the main points you are preparing for the informative speech.
1. Prevention measures of human trafficking,
2. Impacts of human trafficking.
3.Human trafficking and Human rights.
8. What type of visual aid are you planning to incorporate into the body of the speech?
I will use Microsoft PowerPoint since it serves as the simple and best visual aid to create an attractive and professional presentation that matches up the role of the speech.
“You Should Know about This issue”
· 5-6 MINUTES IN LENGTH
· AT LEAST 3 IN-TEXT CITATIONS FROM 3 DIFFERENT SOURCES(“According to John Doe of the National Association of Fitness, ….”)
· 5 NOTECARDS MAX
(Index cards, not pieces of paper)
· CLEAR AND RELAXED DELIVERY
· FINAL OUTLINE AND BIBLIOGRAPHY
· ACCOMPANIED BY 1-3 SLIDES OR CLEAR VISUAL AIDS
· SPECIFIC PURPOSE STATEMENT IN THE DESCRIPTION OF YOUR YOUTUBE VIDEO
· 5-6 MINUTES IN LENGTH
· 3 in-text citations required from 3
separate sources (GALILEO or Google Scholar is a great resource for you to find credible sources!)
· Provide 1 in-text citation for each main point
· You may quote from a source more than once, but only one of the citations will count towards the required 3 in-text citations
· Identify and qualify the sources
· Identification is the “who” such as author or sponsor
· Qualification is the “why” such as the title of the article or credentials of the author
· 5 NOTECARDS MAX
· Try to limit to front side only
· Feel free to color code, number, use short-hand, etc.
· DELIVERY – Please review your textbook and my personal feedback from your Introductory Speech
· FINAL OUTLINE AND BIBLIOGRAPHY
· Provide a final, written version of the outline (if you were asked in initial outline draft to revise, then please do so) and a separate bibliography
Your outline should include at least 3 of your planned in-text/in-speech citations
· Do not use the outline as your notecards for the speech
· Bibliography and outline should follow APA guidelines
· Use online resources for APA guidelines
· VISUAL AID
· 1 – 3 slides as visual aid either in PowerPoint, Prezi, Kaltura, or physical aids
· You are limited to 45 seconds for any multi-media (video clips, audio clips, etc.)
· include any urls on the bibliography to videos
· Visual aids do not count towards in-text citations
DELIVERY DETAILS(ALSO AVAILABLE IN CHAPTER 11) For this talk, video tape yourself delivering this informative speech. •You should be standing, not sitting, to deliver your speech next to your presentation slides or aids.•Ideally the video should be shot in a quiet room with good lighting.•You will want to use a tripod or similar arrangement to ensure a stable shot that includes your visual aid and most of your body (from the hips or waist up) in the frame at all times.•Remember, if I can’t hear you clearly or see your face, that means I can’t accurately assess your speaking skills.
This speech will need to be filmed with 3-5 audience members with you in the video. You can start by introducing your guests, having them seated and in frame at all times, and making eye contact with them.
After hitting “record,” introduce your guest, then begin your presentation. Timing your speech will begin at this point.
WHAT DO I TURN IN TO THE DROPBOX?
· HYPERLINK TO SPEECH
· MICROSOFT OFFICE DOCUMENT WITH OUTLINE
This link is the texbook to use for the formulas and things she wants.
Tucker, Barbara; Barton, Kristin; Burger, Amy; Drye, Jerry; Hunsicker, Cathy; Mendes, Amy; and LeHew, Matthew, “Exploring Public Speaking: 4th Edition” (2019). Communication Open Textbooks. 1.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more