In this module, you will explore how statistics are used in careers that are common for those who earn degrees in psychology. You have learned about the general importance of being able to think statistically throughout the course, but here we will focus on career applications that may be particularly relevant to you and your professional goals. Statistics and statistical thinking are present and required in many professions. Statistics are used to gain valuable insights from data to improve performance and outcomes in many careers. For example, many undergraduates in psychology desire to enter a helping profession (e.g., drug and alcohol counseling, professional counseling, marriage and family therapy, etc.). Of course, all of these professions are required to follow evidence-based practice—which means that data and statistical analysis are required to support therapeutic interventions applied with clients.
For this discussion, read the article
What Can You Do With a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology?
from the American Psychological Association. This discussion will focus on considering how statistics, statistical thinking, or data literacy are important in a career that is common to psychology graduates and that interests you.
For your initial post, address the following:
· Identify either your current professional position or a desired position. Consider referring to the provided article for inspiration.
· Describe how statistics, statistical thinking, or data literacy is helpful or required for the position you identified.
· Explain how you can use the
Occupational Outlook Handbook
from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics to help you make data-based career decisions.
· Search the handbook for the job you identified and explore the results.
· Provide examples of statistics regarding jobs that you find most useful (e.g., earnings, projected growth, etc.).
· How could statistics, statistical thinking, or data literacy help to address any of the following programmatic course themes in the context of the chosen careers? You may want to review the
· Social justice
· Emotional intelligence
· Career connections
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more