Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation.
Details to the assignment uploaded.
Top of Form
Top of Form
Microsoft Excel®, DAT565_v3_Wk6_Data_File
Scenario:A city’s administration isn’t driven by the goal of maximizing revenues or profits but instead looks at improving the quality of life of its residents. Many American cities are confronted with high traffic and congestion. Finding parking spaces, whether in the street or a parking lot, can be time-consuming and contribute to congestion. Some cities have rolled out data-driven parking space managementtoreduce congestion and make traffic more fluid.
You’re a data analyst working for a mid-size city that has anticipated significant increments in population and car traffic. The city is evaluating whether it makes sense to invest in infrastructure to count and report the number of parking spaces available at the different parking lots downtown. This data would be collected and processed in real-time, feeding anapp that motoristscan access to find parking space availability in different parking lots throughout the city.
Instructions: Work with the provided Excel database. This database has the following columns:
· LotCode: A unique code that identifies the parking lot
· LotCapacity: A number with the respective parking lot capacity
· LotOccupancy: A number with the current number of cars in the parking lot
· TimeStamp: A day/time combination indicating the moment when occupancy was measured
· Day: The day of the week corresponding to the TimeStamp
· Insert a new column, OccupancyRate, recording occupancy rate as a percentage with one decimal. For instance, if the current LotOccupancy is 61 and LotCapacity is 577, then the OccupancyRate would be reported as 10.6 (or 10.6%).
· Using the OccupancyRate and Day columns, construct box plots for each day of the week. You can use Insert > Insert Statistic Chart >Box and Whisker for this purpose. Is the median occupancy rate approximately the same throughout the week? If not, which days have lower median occupancy rates? Which days have higher median occupancy rates? Is this what you expected?
· Using the OccupancyRate and LotCode columns, construct box plots for each parking lot. You can use Insert > Insert Statistic Chart >Box and Whisker for this purpose. Do all parking lots experience approximately equal occupancy rates? Are some parking lots more frequented than others? Is this what you expected?
· Select any 2 parking lots. For each one, prepare a scatter plot showing the occupancy rate against TimeStamp for the week 11/20/2016 –11/26/2016. Are occupancy rates time-dependent? If so, which times seem to experience the highest occupancy rates? Is this what you expected?
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation with speaker notes. Your audience is the City Council members who are responsible for decidingwhether the city invests in resources to set in motion the smart parking space app.
Complete the following in your presentation:
· Outlinethe rationale and goals of the project.
· Utilizeboxplots showing the occupancy rates for each day of the week. Include your interpretation of the results.
· Utilize box plots showing the occupancy rates for each parking lot. Include your interpretation of the results.
· Providescatter plots showing occupancy rate against the time of day of your selected four parking lots. Include your interpretation of the results.
· Makea recommendation about continuing with the implementation of this project.
Bottom of Form
Thank you for your help!
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more