Go to the online journal Image and Narrative and read “Identity and Exoticism in Yo’l Bo’lsin”
http://www.imageandnarrative.be/inarchive/worldmusicb_advertising/tanyamerchant.htm (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Respond to the following prompts regarding the reading, the film Umm Kulthum – A Voice like Egypt, and class listening and lecture from sessions 4-16.
1. Compare the sonic material of the international release by Nazarkhan (Yo’l Bo’lsin) to that of her domestic release (Otmagay Tong), as heard in class.
2. Compare the publicity material and public image of Nazarkhan within Uzbekistan vs. her image and marketing abroad.
3. Compare the sounds of Umm Kulthum’s “Enta Omri” to Nazarkhan’s released “Mogulchai Navo.” Use terms from class to describe timbre, rhythm, tempo, melodic contour and range. (Both tracks are available on the unit 3 streaming in the Listening Module.)
4. Discuss the importance of the lyrics and their understandability for Umm Kulthum and how that is different from Sevara Nazarkhan’s international release.
5. Both Nazarkhan and Kulthum present vision of their nation and their role as women performing nationalism. How does that look and sound differently for each woman/nation? Why do you think that is?
Answer question fully in complete sentences using terms from class
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more