It is a common stereotype that men are more comfortable with stats, or so-called report talk, like a box score in a sporting event, whereas women are more comfortable with rapport talk, or conversations regarding feelings. This gender stereotype is one example of the potential effect of gender on general communication styles. It shows some gender differences that can affect all areas.
A 2007 study conducted at the University of Chicago showed how stereotypes can actually impact math performance. Even if a person doesn’t believe a stereotype is true, but does believe other people believe it to be true, performance can be impacted.
Answer the following questions:
• Are these stereotypes even accurate?
• Are gender differences in communication real or simply a result of theoretical fiction?
Think of an example of a conversation or a discussion in a situation at work, on television, or in a movie where gender differences in communication were readily apparent. In your response, address the following:
• Provide a brief synopsis of the conversation.
• Explain what role gender played in the conversation.
• How would this conversation be different in light of a person’s age?
• How have gender stereotypes and/or gender roles changed?
• Discuss how either the Muted Group Theory or Gilligan’s model could be used to explain the gender differences. Read the attached article. Note specifically answer ALL the questions above
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more