Legal and Safety Responsibilities in Education
An important aspect of classroom management is keeping students safe. Student safety concerns include the use of technology and other classroom resources, maintaining students’ privacy, bullying, trauma, and child abuse. Teachers need to be aware of their legal and ethical responsibilities when it comes to protecting students in their classrooms.
For this assignment, prepare a 10-12 slide digital presentation for an upcoming professional development for fellow teachers. Explain applicable federal/state/local laws and the current school and district policies related to teachers’ responsibilities to protect students’ rights and safety.
The presentation should include specific examples related to four of the following topics:
· Digital citizenship (e.g., communication, literacy, etiquette, law, rights and responsibilities, and security)
Two additional topics from the list below:
· Bullying/Harassment/Intimidation/Violence, on and off campus
· Searches of students (e.g., drugs, weapons, cellphones)
· Reporting requirements for suspected child abuse
· FERPA and students’ privacy rights
· Trauma or traumatic events (e.g., fire, bomb threat, evacuation)
One additional topic from the list below:
· Extracurricular teacher assignments and responsibilities (e.g., playground supervision, coaching, club sponsoring)
· Maintaining inclusion classrooms and compliance with IEPs for students with exceptionalities
· Managing a classroom when 1:1 technology is present
· Teachers’ professional behavior on and off campus, and online when communicating with the community, colleagues, and stakeholders
In addition, create a title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
Support your presentation with a minimum of three resources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more