Analyze Whether Ethical Responsibilities are Impacted by Law, Legal Decisions, and Location of Business Entities
Now that we have applied both ethical theories, laws and legal concepts to business situations, in this written assignment you will focus on how the ethical responsibilities a company may be impacted by other considerations.
Apple is known for outsourcing manufacturing jobs to other countries. For instance, they have a relationship with Foxconn in China to manufacture their iPhones.
Identify and define an ethical theory which you would cite when addressing concerns raised by Apple’s management as to whether worker safety laws from the United States or from China should apply to these workers employed by Foxconn.
If child labor laws in China allow those under 16 years of age to work in the Foxconn factories, provide an ethical theory which would require that Apple apply the laws from the United States. Also, provide an ethical theory which would allow Apple to apply the laws from China as to child labor.
If Apple returned their manufacturing of iPhones to the United States it would be required to meet environmental standards as required by the Environmental Protection Agency. This would only be cost effective only if the manager of the plant in the United States altered reporting to the EPA indicating that Apple was meeting EPA standards. Identify, define and apply an ethical theory which would support the plant manager’s position to alter Apple’s EPA reporting, and an ethical theory which would require that Apple comply with EPA standards.
This should be a three-page analysis, devoting one page to each of the questions posed. Use and cite at least three additional authoritative sources as you respond to the questions posed other than the text materials.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful memo must also meet the following criteria:
· Length should be 3 pages, excluding your title and references page
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format.
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, citation, and mechanics in accordance with APA
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
· Include a cover page and references page in 10 – 12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
· Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
· Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
· Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English
· Use examples to support your discussion
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit Academic Tools.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more