Provide an example of a social movement in the last three years that has been aided by digital activism. How did social media and digital technology help to bring about and influence this movement? Include a link to reputable, relevant source that describes the movement and its participants’ use of social media/digital technology and be sure to integrate the source into your response.
As a result of this activism, did large-scale, macro-level disruptive change occur? To what extent — to what degree? If not, why not? Be specific.
1. Bennett, W. Lance, and Segerberg, Alexandra. “The logic of connective action: Digital media and the personalization of contentious politics.”Information, Communication & Society.(2012) 15:5:739-768.http://www.academia.edu/3054585/The_Logic_of_Connective_Action(Links to an external site.)
2. Bennett, W. Lance. “Changing citizenship in the digital age.”Civic life online: Learning how digital media can engage youth. (2008) 1:1-24. http://mitp-content-server.mit.edu:18180/books/content/sectbyfn?collid=books_pres_0&fn=9780262524827_sch_0001.pdf&id=7893(Links to an external site.)
Carr, David. “Hashtag activism, and its limits.” The New York Times Online. (2012) https://indianexpress.com/article/news-archive/web/hashtag-activism-and-its-limits/
Select a “media franchise” that you have enjoyed or participated in. Describe this franchise and your participation in it.
How have “traditional,” “new,” and “emerging digital” media converged in the production and consumption of this franchise?
1. Scolari, Carlos A. “Media evolution: Emergence, dominance, survival and extinction in the media ecology.”International Journal of Communication(2013): 7:24.Media evolution(PDF)
2. Lutz, Ashley. “These six corporations control 90% of media in America.” Business Insider. (2012)http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6(Links to an external site.)
3. Ritzer, George, and Jurgenson, Nathan. “Production, consumption, prosumption: The nature of capitalism in the age of the digital ‘prosumer’.”Journal of Consumer Culture.(2010) 10:1:13-36.Production, consumption, prosumption
Which of the coping mechanisms that Rainie and Wellman describe in Chapter 10 are you already doing (they are also on the last slide of the powerpoint and webcam lecture you watched for today)?
Which will be the greatest challenge for you? Why?
2. Sadowski, Jathan. “The business of living forever.” Slate. (2013)http://www.slate.com/articles/business/billion_to_one/2013/11/dmitry_itskov_2045_initiative_eternal_living_through_science.html(Links to an external site.)The business of living forever(Links to an external site.)
3. Thierer, Adam. “Muddling through: How we learn to cope with technological change.” The Technology Liberation Front. (2014)http://techliberation.com/2014/06/17/muddling-through-how-we-learn-to-cope-with-technological-change/(Links to an external site.) Muddling through(Links to an external site.)
4. Anderson, Janna and Rainie, Lee. “15 theses about the digital future.” Pew Internet and American Life Project.(2014)http://www.pewinternet.org/2014/03/11/digital-life-in-2025/(Links to an external site.)
each journal must be 225-300 words
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more