1. What is the role of an EA framework within the EA methodology?
2. Select a real-world medium or large size enterprise and provide:
a) The phases and steps of an appropriate EA implementation methodology.
b) The way that EA stakeholder support will be obtained.
c) The recommended schedule for updating the EA.
3. Why does an EA implementation methodology begin with the selection of an EA framework?
4. Choose a medium or large size enterprise and provide the following regarding the areas of the EA3
a) List examples of documentation from the enterprise that would be appropriate at each of the five
b) List examples of documentation from the enterprise that would be appropriate for the three
common planning threads.
c) List examples of documentation from the enterprise that would illustrate Lines of Business.
d) List examples of documentation from the enterprise that would illustrate crosscutting
5. Why can an enterprise’s business services, information flows, applications, and networks be viewed
as EA components?
6. Why are national and international standards important to EA components?
7. List several hypothetical EA components at each level of the EA3 Framework for a large automobile
a) Compare and contrast the use of the term “component” in the context of how it is used in
this chapter with the use of the term in the software and application development industry.
b) Obtain the Annual Report of a Fortune 500 corporation and list potential EA components at
each level of the EA3 Framework.
8. What are the differences between traditional (ERD and DFD) data modeling techniques and objectOriented data modeling techniques (UML)?
9. Find a public or private sector enterprise and identify the following current EA components/artifacts
at each level of the EA3 Cube Framework:
a) Identify current strategic goals, initiatives, and outcome measures.
b) Identify current LOBs, business services, and associated activity/flow diagrams.
c) Identify current information flows and data documentation in each LOB.
d) Identify the current IT systems and applications that support information flows for each LOB.
e) Identify the current IT infrastructure and networks that host IT systems and applications.
10. How can the ongoing transition between current and future EA views be managed?
11. How can Business Process Improvement (BPI) and Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
activities be reflected in future views at the Products & Services level of the EA3 Cube Framework?
12. How can changes in information flows and data structures be reflected in future views at the Data &
Information level of the EA3 framework?
13. How can changes in applications and functionality be reflected in future views at the Applications &
Systems level of the EA3 Cube Framework?
14. How can changes in voice, data, and video networks be reflected in future views at the Networks &
Infrastructure level of the EA3 Cube Framework?
15. Develop a future scenario for an enterprise that describes changes in processes, human factors, and
technology. Identify the planning assumptions that underlie these changes.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more