Introduction to Philosophy
· From each section below choose 1 question to answer. In your answer, please make it clear which questions you’ve chosen.
· All answers are to be submitted as a word document (or equivalent). PDFs will not be accepted.
· All answers are to be written in point 12 font, double-spaced with standard margins.
· Exams are to be submitted to me via email no later than 5/4 (end of day).
Section I: Descartes (Answers for this section should be no less than 1 double-spaced page/aprox 260 words).
1. Why is Descartes unable to doubt his own existence, and what dose he mean when he says, “I think therefor I am”?
2. In Meditation III, Descartes notes that ideas have 3 origins. Name them, and explain why he thinks the Idea of God belongs to the category of “innate” ideas.
Section II: Hume (Answers for this section should be no less than 1 double-spaced page/aprox 260 words).
1. Explain Hume’s notion of “Impressions” and “Ideas”. Give an example of each, and explain why he thinks one must always come before the other.
2. In Hume’s dialogue on religion, the Character Philo is skeptical of Cleanthes’ argument for the existence of God. Explain 2 problems that Philo finds with Cleanthes’ argument.
3. What does Hume mean when he says that the “self” dose not actually exist, and is merely an issue of grammar?
Section III: Rorty (Answers for this section should be no less than 1 double-spaced page/aprox 260 words).
1. Explain the different between the “Realist” approach to truth and knowledge vs. the “Pragmatist” approach to those same issues.
Extra Credit: (Answers for this section are up to you regarding length).
1. In as much detail as possible, explain Kant’s definition of Enlightenment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more