HSEM 3822, Tools for Decision-making
· Select one topic as a “tool for decision-making in HSEM” for your paper (see table below).
· No more than two students can write on the same topic. Where more than one student is doing a topic, students are expected to do their own research and each prepare their own paper.
· Research and prepare a 4-6 page paper (not counting cover page, graphics, references) on the topic, explaining technical, practical, and policy aspects of the topic. Explain how the tool or technology works, why it is a “tool for decision-making,” how it was developed, how it is used in homeland security and/or emergency management, its strengths and weaknesses, and how you see it either developing or needing to be improved in the future. Describe at least one specific example of its application/use in the real world.
· Use at least three research sources in your paper. Include citations to references for materials you use in the text of your paper in APA style. Use in-text citations with a works cited/references page at the end of the paper.
· Do not use general search engines as references (e.g., Wikipedia.com, ask.com, google.com, etc.). Use authoritative sources such as scholarly journals, research reports, and government documents as references.
· You will prepare a 5-10 minute presentation on your topic for presentation in class. Include references on the last slide of your presentation. Each student will prepare an 8-12 slide power point highlighting the key elements of the paper as part of their presentation.
· Assignment will be submitted to D2L Dropbox on due date in syllabus.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more