Assignment: Researching and Analyzing a Human Expression
In this Assignment, you will continue working with the object or expression you used for the discussion. You will need at least one source from the Walden Library, Google Scholar, or other academically relevant source.
Note:Wikipedia and About.com are not considered academically relevant sources for this class.
Here are some examples of how you might research your significant object.
· If you selected a family heirloom, consider finding out more about what was happening in the world the year it was made.
· If it is a quilt, you could research the history of quilts.
· If it is a famous painting, song, or book, there will be articles about the artist or writer readily available.
· If you selected a photograph of a family member, you might research what sort of life events portraits record.
· If you selected a piece of music, you might research its origins, or how it was received when it was first released.
To prepare for the Assignment:
· Use the Significant Object Worksheet to evaluate your significant object. Make sure to answer every question and prompt.
· Apply what you have learned in Assignment 1 by using quotation marks and citations where appropriate.
· Use proper spelling and grammar.
· View the rubric for grading this assignment to make sure your work aligns with how it will be graded.
Document: Significant Object Worksheet (Word document)
By Day 7
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
· Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
· Click theAssignment Rubricto review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
· Click theWeek 5 Assignmentlink. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
· Next, from the Attach File area, click on theBrowse My Computerbutton. Find the document you saved as “WK5Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and clickOpen.
· Click on theSubmitbutton to complete your submission.
To access your rubric:
Week 5 Assignment Rubric
Submit Your Assignment by Day 7
To submit your Assignment:
Week 5 Assignment
Significant Object Analysis Worksheet
A significant object is something made by a human. Another term for a significant object is an artifact. It can be something of historical significance or it can be something created today by a family member or your favorite performer. It can be any form of art or self-expression that has meaning to you. It can be anything that a human conceived of as art and deliberately crafted such as the Lascaux cave paintings.
For this assignment, you are asked to identify and analyze a significant object.
OBSERVE: Share your significant object or a link to your significant object in the space below.
Include a description of the object and research on its background. For example, information about the creator, or artist. What was happening in the world or in your life when this was made? Build on your main discussion post from this week. (150-200 words)
*** Make sure to cite your sources by including a list of any outside sources of information you are using. Remember, research is always a good thing as it shows curiosity. Apply what you have learned about academic integrity by giving credit where credit is due.
PROCESS: What does this significant object mean to you? Please explain. (150-200 words)
How has it inspired or moved you? Has it helped make your life or the life of others better? How does it connect to your life or to the educational journey you are starting along with your classmates?
ANALYZE: During this week’s discussion, you viewed several objects significant to your classmates.
How does your object compare with your classmates’ choices?How do you think your significant object communicates your life perspective to the class?What story, or small bit of story, does it tell about you? (150-200 words)
CONNECT: Discuss in your own words, how technology has changed human making and human sharing of significant objects.(100-150 words)
Submit the completed worksheet using the link at the bottom of the Week 5 assignment page in the classroom.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more