FON142ab: Module Three Assignment
To receive points for this assignment, you must include thorough responses to all questions. This is an “All or Nothing” assignment. You will either receive all points for excellent work or none at all.
Concepts for further analysis:
1. a. Describe the two main methods of cooking? b. How do these cooking methods vary in relation to speed of cooking and general health?
2. Describe how heat is transferred or dispersed in food preparation? Explain each, providing examples of cooking methods within your response. a. Conduction b. Convection c. Radiation
3. How is table salt harvested from the earth via these two methods? For each method, summarize and then compare and contrast.
b. Dry Salt Mining:
4. You are out to dinner with friends and one of them orders ceviche. The server tells you this food is safe to eat because it is “cooked” in acid. Explain what this food consists of. Could this type of food be potentially harmful? Explain.
5. a. Explain the similarities and differences in a convection and a traditional oven. b. Are cooking methods affected?
6. When measuring liquid and dry ingredients, explain the appropriate methods for measuring liquid and dry ingredients.
7. You are ordering food for a restaurant and need to serve 500 people each 2 ounces of asparagus. How much would you order? Use the two-step calculation and show your work. Hint: View the percentage yield table in your textbook.
8. You are a serving 300 people at your niece’s wedding this weekend. Each guest will be served 6 ounces of chicken. How much would you, the caterer, order for the event? Use the same table as the question above.
9. What are the differences among types of meal service? Explain 4 types that interest you.
10. As you reach for your container of milk, you notice it has expired. What does the expiration date mean? Is the milk safe to drink? Explain.
11. The can of food you need for dinner has a sell by date that passed last week. What does the sell by date mean? Is the canned food safe to consume? Explain.
12. Critical thinking scenario: You are the foodservice supervisor for a local school district. When reviewing your budget you notice your wages far exceed your food costs. What does this mean? In reverse, what would it mean to have higher food costs in relation to wages? Explain what the food type, style and number of employees would “look like” in each scenario.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more