Essay #4 Instructions
Using all of the skills we have learned this year about essay structure, argument, tone, point-of-view, and working with sources, write an essay of around 750-1000 words arguing about the broad topic below:
Electronic communication versus face to face interaction in education
Consider these questions to help you start thinking:
Due to technology, has the meaning of face to face changed? What is face to face in the modern world? Has technology helped make education more accessible?
This is a broad topic and it is your job to narrow it down as a group to something you could write an argument paper for. Consider the discussion we had about creating essay questions earlier in the semester to help you.
Using all of the skills we have learned this year about essay structure, argument, tone, point-of-view, and working with sources, write an argumentative paper arguing for or against technology in education.
The parameters of the assignment:
· Pay close attention to the prompt and make sure you understand what you are being asked to argue.
· Remember to develop a strong thesis statement—this is what you will be arguing in your paper
· You must use and correctly cite at least two sources from the San Jacinto College databases and quote or paraphrase from at least one of the module readings (for a total of 3-4 sources minimum).
· As we have learned, a good argument needs to bring up at least one opposition to the thesis statement and then offer a rebuttal.
· Essays should follow MLA formatting and include correct MLA citations
· Remember, one paragraph = one idea or concept. It might help to make a brief outline for yourself so you know what you will say before you begin (remember the Writing Process)
· Essay should have a clear introduction ending in a thesis statement, clear topic sentences (located clearly at the beginning of each paragraph), focused paragraphs (that ultimately refer back to the thesis in some way), and a solid, strong conclusion.
· Quoting is fine for this essay, but don’t rely on too many quotes. Summarizing is also a great way to integrate sources as long as you CITE.
· Your MLA citations should be 100% correct—I will check.
· Please have a correct works cited at the end of your paper, in the same document, but on a separate page. It needs to be 100% correct—take the time to do it correctly.
· I should EASILY be able to match up your two sources (and all sources) listed in the works cited with your in-text citations from your paper. I should also EASILY be able to look them up in the San Jac databases. If they are not from the San Jac databases (or I can’t find them easily), you will not earn credit.
· Essays will be graded on: Clear thesis statement (address the prompt, take a stand, be clearly written), structure of the essay (STRONG TOPIC SENTENCES), substance of the essay (logical sense of argument, fullness of the argument, etc.), clarity and writing (POV, clear writing, transitions, etc.—take time to PROOFREAD), and finally, correctness of MLA citations and whether or not you used your two sources correctly and whether or not they came from the databases.
· Check the due dates on each assignment on blackboard
· Drafts due: Tuesday, Dec. 5 by 11:59pm
· Final Drafts due TWO PLACES: Turn it in and Blackboard submission link by Friday, Dec. 8 by 11:59pm
· SmartThinking notes from tutor due to blackboard by Friday, Dec. 8 by 11:59pm
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more