Email Your Topic Choice to Instructor: Sunday, April 29th
Outline Due: Wednesday, May 2nd
Rough Draft Due: Sunday, May 6th
Peer Review Due: Wednesday, May 9th
Final Draft Due: Sunday, May 13th
The argumentative essay requires you to investigate a specific topic. Through this investigation you will collect, generate, and evaluate evidence. You will then establish a claim or position on this topic in a clear and concise manner and argue your position over the course of the essay.
Perhaps it is helpful to think of an essay in terms of a conversation or debate with a classmate. If I were to discuss the cause of World War II and its current effect on those who lived through the tumultuous time, there would be a beginning, middle, and end to the conversation. In fact, if I were to end the argument in the middle of my second point, questions would arise concerning the current effects on those who lived through the conflict. Therefore, the argumentative essay must be complete, and logically so, leaving no doubt as to its intent or argument.
The argumentative research paper allows you to demonstrate your skills at composing a complex paper that blends research with your own prose. This paper represents the culmination of work we’ve done all semester and will use many of these skills: description, analysis, synthesis, definition, etc. At its core, however, the argumentative research paper is an argument, which requires you to make an audience believe that what you have to say has merit.
Your essay should meet all of the following requirements:
• Choose one of the listed essay topics OR have your topic approved by your instructor. You CANNOT choose a topic and move forward without approval.
• Formulate a clear and focused thesis that explains the argument you are making and fits the criteria for an argumentative thesis statement.
• Create an outline with headings & subheadings to organize your ideas before composing the first draft of your essay.
• Use evidence from all your sources throughout the essay to support your ideas and explain the relevance of those quotations to the argument you are making in your thesis.
• Use formal language (no “I” or “you,” no contractions, no slang, etc.) and high level of insight into the short story in order to express ideas smoothly, clearly, and fluently. (Bring a dictionary or thesaurus if you need it.)
• You are required to have at least 10 in text citations from your sources.
• Use appropriate punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and paragraphing.
• Your essay should be between 6-8 pages, typed, double-spaced with one inch margins. Please use 12 point font size and “Times New Roman” or “Arial” font.
• Follow the MLA format (MLA heading, double-space, blue or black ink, etc.); format and cite your quotations correctly in the MLA style.
• Include an MLA “Works Cited” page to document the short story (your primary source).
• We should implement immigration reform to provide those immigrants already here but not yet legal with a path to citizenship.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more