ENGLISH 1302 Problem/Solution Proposal
Purpose: To persuade the audience of the following: 1) a problem exists, 2) there is a way to solve the problem or improve the situation, and 3) the proposed solution is beneficial.
Audience: The organization, foundation, or individual who has the authority to grant what you propose.
Expected Overview of the Proposal:
1) Problem or Issue: Provide an overview of the problem or issue, including short quotations or paraphrases from at least three credible, relevant sources, each documented with MLA formatted in-text citations. Remember to use language designed to convince your audience about the problem. Take into account assumptions about the problem and existing solutions.
2) Solution: Provide a realistic solution that will alleviate or improve the situation within context. This solution should be the main position of the essay and should explore the complexities of the issue.
3) Benefits of the Solution: Provide compelling reasons why readers must act on your solution. Explain the limits of existing solutions, explain the positive implications of your solution, and consider others’ perspectives.
4) Conclusion: Reiterate the main elements of the solution and remind readers why this solution will help with the problem. Convince readers that this action is necessary, and conclude with a specific call to action.
5) MLA Works Cited Page: On the final page, list the MLA citations from the THREE to FIVE reliable sources used in the paper.
· MLA formatting for in-text citations and Works Cited page
· Works Cited page listing the three to five reliable sources that are cited within the essay
· Three to five pages of text
· Visual element included in the oral assignmentVisual element included in the oral assignmentAppealing Visual Design
· Uniform subheadings of Problem, Solution, and Benefits
· TWO Visual Elements, such as data/graph and/or image related to proposal
· Minimum 25 word interpretation of a visual artifact (data or graph), prepared and submitted electronically on a course related topic using standard written EnglishMinimum 25 word interpretation of a visual artifact (data or graph), prepared and submitted electronically on a course related topic using standard written EnglishMinimum 25 word interpretation of each visual element that explains the relevance of the image.
Evaluation will be based on the following:
· Explanation of Issues: The Issue/Problem to be considered critically is stated, described, and clarified so that understanding is not seriously impeded by omissions.
· Evidence: Information is taken from source(s) with enough interpretation/evaluation to develop a coherent analysis or synthesis. Viewpoints of experts are subject to questioning.
· Student’s Position: Specific position (perspective, thesis/hypothesis) takes into account the complexities of an issue. Others’ points of view are acknowledged within position (perspective, thesis/hypothesis).
· Content Development: The proposal uses appropriate, relevant, and compelling content to explore ideas within the context of the discipline and shape of the whole work.
· Sources and Evidence: The writer demonstrates consistent use of credible, relevant sources to support ideas that are situated within the discipline and genre of the writing.
· Control of Syntax and Mechanics: The language is straightforward language that generally conveys meaning to readers. The language in the proposal has few errors.
· The Allyn and Bacon Guide to Writing
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more