Engineering Ethics Midterm
Please answer one question from each of the three sections.
1) Compare and contrast Ayn Rand and Immanuel Kant on altruism (hint: look at the Grounding)
2) What is ethics? Divide ethics into the categories we have discussed and define each type.
3) What is an ethical or moral dilemma? How does a moral argument differ from a non-moral one. Discuss the implications of the “naturalistic fallacy.” (hint: think “is-ought fallacy”).
4) With regards to the Kansas City Hyatt disaster, is it unethical for design engineers to not ensure that their designs are followed to the letter? Regardless of your answer, would it be a good idea to add such a requirement to engineering codes? (hint: look at the law for MI or PA).
5) How does Harris et al define professional ethics? What are some problems with Harris et als view that personal ethics should ordinarily be given up in favor of professional ethics.
6) Respond to the ECPD’s requirements for being a professional (the Firmage article).
7) What is Lozano’s integrity approach? How successful is he in writing a code that instantiates this approach?
8) What are Ladd’s arguments against codes of ethics?
9) Assess pro and con the value of a code of ethics for engineers, use codes such as the NSPE code.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more