write one-to-two-page paper (not including title page or references, submit as a Word document). Use Times New Roman or Calibri, font size 12, one-inch margins, double-spaced. Don’t forget to cite inside the paper. Be sure to include references at the end.
Philosophers and ethicists distinguish between the descriptive (what we can do) and the prescriptive (what we should do). This is sometimes called the “is-ought” gap. One does not imply the other: just because we can do something doesn’t mean we should.
For this week’s assignment, you will conduct research into technologies that currently are in “uncharted moral territory.”
The first section should be a brief description of the technology you have identified. What is it, and how does it work?
The second section should be the main focus. You will answer the following questions:
· What are two distinct moral questions that it raises? (think of the concepts covered in the lesson)
· How have the experts tried to answer them?
· Are their answers acceptable?
· Should we be optimistic or pessimistic about the future of this technology?
By way of example, you might write about autonomous vehicle technology and the decision-making procedure a computer is programmed to take when it runs into conflicts involving different human lives.
Make sure that you justify your answers. Do not just give your opinion.
Here are some other examples you might consider:
· “Smart” assistants (e.g. Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri)
· “Smart” devices (e.g. Apple Watch, Smart glasses, RFID body implants)
· Reproductive technology (e.g. “transitioning” for transgender individuals)
· Human genetic engineering / GMOs / Genetically engineered animals
· DNA ancestry testing (e.g. 23andMe, Ancestry.com, MyHeritage)
You are free to pick your own example, but it must be something that is currently in “moral limbo.”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more