ECON315 – Global Economy – Research Paper
Dr. Edouard Mafoua
Research Paper on Non-Western Country
(General Education Assessment for ECON 315: 275 points)
Please click on http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/lo/index.html , and choose your non-Western country such as: 1. Argentina; 2. Bolivia; 3. Brazil; 4. Chile; 5. China; 6. Cuba; 7. Czech Republic; 8. Egypt; 9. Hong Kong; 10. Hungary; 11. India;12. Indonesia; 13. Iraq; 14. Israel; 15. Japan; 16. Korea (North); 17. Korea (South); 18. Malaysia; 19. Mexico; 20. New Zealand; 21. Nigeria; 22. Pakistan; 23. Peru; 24. Poland; 25. Russia; 26. Saudi Arabia; 27. Singapore; 28. South Africa; 29. Taiwan; 30. Tanzania; 31.Thailand. You may choose a non-Western country not listed above. Then, write a double-spaced research paper (minimum: 10 pages or maximum: 15 pages; No Plagiarism!!!) that includes:
Before submitting the entire “Research Paper”, you must turn in the following items at due dates:
A. Research Paper Outline (2 pages maximum: 25 points).
B. Two Progress Reports:
2.1. Research Paper Draft # 1: History, Political Situation & Economic Situation (25 points).
1. History of the Country (20 points): Colonization, independence, revolution, war…
Describe at least four components related to the history of the country.
2. Political Situation (20 points): Government, parties, parliament, congress…
Describe at least four components related to the political situation of the country.
3. Economic Situation (20 points): Exports, imports, foreign direct investment, agriculture, industry, tourism, infrastructure, recession, depression, privatization, nationalization…
Describe at least four components related to the economic situation of the country.
4. Key macroeconomic Variables (20 points): Economic (GNP or GDP) growth, Income (GNP or GDP per capita), Inflation rate, unemployment rate, spending (consumer/government), investment…
Describe at least four key macroeconomic variables.
5. Justice/Judiciary System (20 points): Constitution, laws, regulations, legal reform, Supreme Court, bar…
Describe at least four components related to the justice/judiciary system of the country.
6. Environment Concerns (20 points): Air pollution, water pollution, soil erosion, solid waste, deforestation, desertification…
Describe at least four components related to environment concerns.
7. Health Concerns (20 points): HIV/Aids, health care system, access to health care, tropical diseases, life expectancy…
Describe at least four components related to health concerns.
8. Society/Family/Culture (20 points): Culture, ethnic groups, languages, gender issues, sports, Family size (small vs. large), classes (low, middle, upper), marriage (polygamy vs. monogamy)…
Describe at least four components related to Society, Family, and Culture.
9. Religion (20 points): Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, Pentecost, Baptist, Buddhist…
Describe at least four components related to Religion.
10. Education (20 points): Primary, secondary, and/or higher education, literacy rate…
Describe at least four components related to Education.
You may also use the following video(s) related to a specific country:
1. India (chapters 4 and 17: Episode 2)
2. Chile (chapter 6: Episode 2)
3. Poland (chapters 9; 12; and 13: Episode 2)
4. Bolivia (chapter 10: Episode 2)
5. Russia (chapters 15; 17; 18; 19; 20; and 18: Episode 2/chapter 13: Episode 3)
6. Mexico (chapters 4; 7; and 21: Episode 3)
7. Peru (chapter 19: Episode 3)
8. Indonesia and Korea (chapter 12: Episode 3)
9. Thailand and Brazil (chapter 14: Episode 3)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more