· DAVID AND GOLIATH: UNDERDOGS, MISFITS, AND THE ART OF BATTLING GIANTS, by Malcolm Gladwell, Little, Brown and Company, 2013.
· Summary. Provide an overview of the introduction section and four out of the nine chapters of the book (your choice of chapters) – 100-150 words per chapter.
· Quote (“cut and paste”) your favorite sentence(s) for each chapter summary and the introduction. Explain the quote and tell me why you liked it (in less than 100 words).
· Message/Agree or disagree? Thinking in strategic terms, for your own life or for an organization, explain the main message for each chapter (about 100 words). Also, tell me if you agree or disagree with the message and why (50-75 words).
Chapter 4 – You wouldn’t wish dyslexia on your child. Or Would you?
– Summary: Chapter 4 invites us to reinterpret the way we categorize advantages… (100-150 words)
– Quote a favorite sentence(s): “Normally we think that we are better at solving problems when they are presented clearly and simply. But here the opposite happened.” This quote direct us to consider…(less than 100 words)
– Message/Agree or disagree?: The chapter’s main message is… (about 100 words). I agree/ disagree with this message because… (50-75 words)
*Word counts: about 350-450 words for each chapter covers Summary, Quote, and Message/Agree or Disagree.
· 70% quality of content – Relevant questions: Does it look like you read the chapter? Did your summary cover the key elements of the chapter in the suggested length? Was it persuasive or novel?
· 20% quality of writing (inclusive of grammar, punctuation, spelling, citation, and references): Is it readable? Does it flow?
· 10% format – Does the review follow the APA format? Is it clearly organized with proper titles and subtitles?
Please comply with the required format
· APA (American Psychological Association) format required. Format adherence, inclusive of readability, and grammar is worth 20% of the final report grade.
· Check ‘Syllabus|Outline|Grading’ for ‘APA Format Template’ and ‘APA Example with Comment’.
· Double line spacing, 11-12 font size. Generally, a one-page report needs about 300 words with a double line spacing. For this assignment, about a total of 6-7 pages for contents (Introduction and 4 chapters) and 1-2 pages for title page and references.
· Start early! Don’t wait until the last minute.
· Upload and submit it via the title link by the Friday of Week 8, which is FRIDAY 11:59 PM EST.
· Your submission will be checked for originality and plagiarism using the SafeAssign technology.
Submission: Click the assignment title for submission.
· Book Review Report Evaluation Criteria
|Quality of Contents||Introduction: Summary, Quote, Message||10|
|First Chapter: Summary, Quote, Message||12|
|Second Chapter: Summary, Quote, Message||12|
|Third Chapter: Summary, Quote, Message||12|
|Fourth Chapter: Summary, Quote, Message||12|
|Quality of writing||Inclusive of grammar, punctuation, spelling, references & citation||14|
|Format||APA format, organization||8|
|*Similarity index will be applied to the total score (based on SafeAssign)|
|**Words counts and Page requirements will be applied to the total score.|
FYI: Similarity index (SafeAssign Plagiarism Check Criteria): 0 – 15%: Acceptable 15 – 40%: Need thorough review Over 40%: High possibility of Plagiarism
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more