Course description: An exploration of music around the world and the study of the social import of current music around us. The course will first present several musical examples from around the world and then the students will create a project focusing on a case study from their own environment. This project will involve discussing a musical micro-culture or experience from 1) a social perspective (race, religion, language, income, gender, status, diaspora, migration, politics, family, kinship, ritual etc.) and 2) based on its musical elements (instruments, lyrics, scales, function, composition/improvisation, traditions etc.).
→ Course learning outcomes – This course will help students attain the following general goals:
· Identify important world music cultures and their repertoire
· Identify standard compositional forms common to various world music periods and genres
· Demonstrate an understanding of the distinctive terminology associated with world music
· Analyze cultural trends in American society and those of other countries
· Demonstrate an understanding of the influence of world cultures on each other as a result of cultural or military conquest
· Demonstrate an understanding of research systems to retrieve information in a variety of formats
→ General Education Proficiencies –After completing this course you will have developed the following proficiencies:
· Oral and written communication skills –You will have had multiple experiences in communicating ideas in writing and speaking. You will complete assignments totaling at least 3500 words of writing.
· Critical analysis –You will have had multiple experiences in critically and constructively analyzing information in different areas of study.
· Information literacy –You will have had multiple experiences in finding information in the library, on the Internet, and in other places and in evaluating the reliability of this information.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more