Concepts for further analysis:
1. You have discovered a new “edible plant.” What would allow this food to be classified as
a. A vegetable b. A fruit
2. Describe the overall differences of a plant cell when compared to an animal cell.
3. Starch is an important component of vegetable cells. Where is this form of carbohydrate predominantly stored?
4. Identify at least 3 plant polysaccharides that are components of dietary indigestible fiber. What role do they play in plant structure?
5. What are the three main classes of plant pigments? Describe each (including sub-categories), giving examples of fruits or vegetables containing these pigments.
6. How does chlorophyll a differ from chlorophyll b?
7. Describe the health benefit of phytochemicals to health.
8. If you met an alien from another planet, how would you describe the overall health of vegetables in the human diet?
9. Choose three vegetables from the “Selecting Vegetables” section. Describe how you would choose the vegetables for highest quality.
10. How are texture, flavor, odor, color and nutritive value change when a vegetable is cooked?
11. How could you include legumes in your diet as part of a meat alternative? Why is this possible?
12. What is the healthiest method for preparing vegetables for consumption? Explain.
13. Explain the chemical composition of fruit and how it translates to taste.
14. You peeled a banana but didn’t have time to eat it before the phone rang. An hour later you looked at the banana and notice it turned slightly brown. What has happened? How could this be prevented? Explain.
15. Choose three fruits from the “Selecting Fruits” section. Describe how you would choose the fruits for highest quality.
16. Describe the changes that occur when fruits are heated.
17. Why is ethylene gas an issue in regards to food spoilage? Explain.
Vocabulary for a better understanding: Write the difintion for only 5 of them (your own words).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more