Help with Comparative Politics Hw.
POL 313 homework assignment 2 (chapters 4 and 5)
Due July 18, 2022
INSTRUCTIONS: Put your name and type in ALL answers on this sheet after reading the assigned chapters. Make sure to include textbook page numbers from which your answers come. If your answers are from online sources, have excessive typos, and/or lack citations, I will deduct some or all points (10 points each).
CHAPTER 4: POLITICAL ECONOMY
1. What does the Gini coefficient measure? What is the range of it? How can we interpret it?
2. What is the difference between GDP per capita and GDP per capita “at PPP”? How are they measured? Identify the acronyms GDP and PPP in your answer.
Identify the key arguments of the market-led approach to political economy. Make sure to include Adam Smith’s argument. Why are some in support of the approach? Be as specific as possible.
4. What are the arguments behind the idea that the state can promote development better than the market? Be as specific as possible.
5. What are some of the key tasks undertaken by a modern welfare state? List and explain them.
6. List and explain four categories of theories for why the welfare state emerged.
CHAPTER 5: DEVELOPMENT
7. List and explain three ways development can be measured other than economic indicators.
8. Explain the institutional argument of development beyond market and state.
9. Explain the cultural argument of development.
10. Based on the chapter, why are North and South Korea good candidates for the Most-Similar-Systems Design comparison? Explain.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more