Follow the directions in each section and answer the questions as comprehensively as possible. Make sure to provide correct citations for the terms and definitions used from the textbook. A high level of analysis should guide your answers, which should be typed underneath each question.
I. Compulsory questions: You must answer all the questions in this section:
1. Briefly describe each of the four types of task-oriented groups and offer an example of each. (8 points)
2. Define stereotyping and, using examples, explain the four ways it hinders intercultural communication. (10 points)
3. An organization inevitably develops its own culture. Identify and describe the six interrelated communication-based elements that help build strong organizational cultures. Using real life or fictional examples, explain how each ensures a strong work culture. Then choose the single element that you think benefits the work culture the most and explain why using your specific example. (12 points)
II. Choose and answer one question from the following three in this section:
4. Your group is having a terrible time making progress toward completing its project for an Introduction to Communication class. There are you, the self-appointed leader (although there didn’t seem to be any objection), two members who seem to be trying their best, one who seems competent but a bit disinterested, and a final member who is just plain unpleasant. You are only 2 weeks into the assignment and it is due in 2 more weeks. Take 5 of the 12 suggestions for improving group communication that you think would be of most value to you in this situation and explain how you would move your group to successful completion of its goal. (10 points)
5. Max Weber, in his Theory of Bureaucracy, identified three principles of a well-functioning bureaucracy. Sociologist W. Richard Scott added two more. What are these five principles of a well-functioning bureaucracy? Describe how each contributes to the overall success of a large organization. (10 points)
6. What is intercultural communication competence and its four levels? What type of thinking does intercultural communication require? (10 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more