Answer only five questions.
Write the question and your answer below.
One or two pages for each question; type in double space.
Write answers clearly in your own words; if you quote or paraphrase from someone’s work, cite the reference.
Be crisp and to-the-point
The answers should reflect your understanding of the subject-matter.
Do not miss the deadline. There will be NO make-up opportunity.
1. What do you understand by semantics as a major component of language, and explain denotative and connotative meanings with at least one example.
2. Explain in detail the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis of Linguistic Relativity that discusses the relationship among thought, culture and language.
3. Explain the following three forms of non-verbal communication:
kinesics (body language), proxemics (personal space), chronemics (time) with at least one example each.
4. Explain the cultural differences in styles of persuasion with at least one
5. What do you understand by the maintenance of face in interpersonal
6. In your textbook, the authors suggest some tips on improving intercultural relationships. Discuss them.
7. Intercultural communication takes place in a variety of social contexts –
health care, education and business were discussed in the textbook. Select one, and explain the importance, and challenges faced by participants.
8. From your perspective and from what you have learned in this class, discuss the impact one recent national or international event on intercultural communication.
9. Explain the following concepts:
a. Culture shock
b. Sociocultural adaptation
c. Similarity-attraction hypothesis
d. Communication accommodation theory
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more