Please see the attached documents
Theme 1: Effective Communication
Why It Matters: Communication
Communication and Management
Typical Communication Flows
Barriers to Effective Communication
Channels of Business Communication
Putting It Together: Communication
Why It Matters: Decision Making
Barriers to Individual Decision Making and Styles of Decision Making
Rational Decision Making vs. Other Types of Decision Making
Theme 2: Change Management
Adapting and Innovating
Technology and Innovation
Managing Change For Organizations
Managing Change For Employees
Leading & Motivating as a Manager
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
– Please cite your work in your responses
– Please use APA (7th edition) formatting
– All questions and each part of the question should be answered in detail (Go into depth)
– Response to questions must demonstrate understanding and application of concepts covered in class,
– Use in-text citations and at LEAST 2 resources per discussion from the school materials that I provided to support all answers.
– The use of course materials to support ideas is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
– Responses MUST be organized (Should be logical and easy to follow)
– Include at least 2 references and include in-text citations.
This week’s discussion continues with the Smithfield Custom Furniture case. Yourposting should answer the questions posed using the course materials to support your answers.It is important to write concisely and to follow the detailed instructions provided below. Include in-text citations and references in a reference list. For APA citation examples, follow the link to the Library under Resources on the homepage.
Case Discussion:Smithfield Custom Furniture (Part 3)
It is now 2015, and Smithfield’s Custom Furniture has continued to grow. Its new product line of lower-priced furniture was an immediate sensation in the marketplace. The company now has 344 stores and 21,000 employees. The company now has a total of 12 international retail stores evenly divided among Spain (3), France (3), Germany (3), and England (3).
Margot Smithfield, Jonas Smithfield III’s only heir, is now running the company. She has a master’s degree in design and an MBA degree. She has been running the company for 3 years.
Margot Smithfield and the 12-member board of directors have been assessing an opportunity to acquire You Figure it Out, a moderately profitable 51 store chain of ultra-modern furniture. You Figure it Out’s furniture and furniture-related accessories are all made in China and sold only in the United States. Their retail stores are located in Texas (6), California (13), New York (15), Nevada (4), Florida (9), and North Carolina (4).
Margot and her board have reasoned that the company has excess capacity at their 5 manufacturing plants. They know that producing a new line of furniture would mean retraining several hundred of their workers in the new production process. However, if this change is successfully executed, it would significantly increase the profitability of the You Figure It Out brand. The company also sees a market for the ultra-modern style of furniture in Smithfield’s existing foreign markets and believe the current Smithfield stores in Spain, France, Germany, and England could display some of the new furniture along with their traditional lines of furniture and take orders that would be produced in the US plants. Other than that, the Smithfield Custom Furniture product line and the You Figure It Out brand would operate as they currently do.
They have decided to conclude the purchase with You Figure It Out executives and want to announce the decision to their workforce as soon as possible.
The Management Issue: Margot Smithfield is concerned she will overlook something important in her communications to employees and the board’s decision-making.
Your Task for Your Initial Post
Margot Smithfield is asking for your input to help her understand and ensure she does not overlook anything important to introducing a new furniture product line to the current Smithfield product line. She has requested that you send her a single-spaced summary,
using only course readings and proper citations
, that addresses (in the order they are listed) the issues she believes she needs to be aware of related to communications and decision making.
1. Explaining to her, using not more than 4 sentences, why employees need to understand the need for Smithfield to continue to be innovative.
2. Selecting the 3 “noise” factors that are most likely to interfere with the successful launch of the new product line. Usingnot more than 4 sentences for each of your 3 noise factors, you will explain to Margot why you selected each of the 3 noise factors you selected, including their potential negative impact on a new product launch if it is not eliminated or reduced.
3. Identifying for Margot Smithfield the 3 most significant obstacles to change that you believe will make the acceptance of the new product line difficult for employees to support. Using not more than 4 sentences for each obstacle to change you identified, you will explain to Margot why you selected each of the 3 obstacles to change, including each obstacle’s potential negative impact on a new product launch if it is not eliminated or reduced.
4. Selecting for her and explaining, using not more than 4 sentences, the one specific change management technique or tool you think is most likely to pave the way for a successful launch of the new product line.
5. Explaining to her, using course readings on decision making and in no more than 4 sentences, the most likely decision-making oversight the board could make in the launch of a new product line.
Note: You are expected to use in-text citations and create a reference list in answering the above 5 issues.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more