directions for Biochemistry Review Paper
Create a review paper in the style of Annual Reviews in Biochemistry covering one biochemical or intercellular signaling pathway in a cell or cells. This paper should be at least 10 pages in length (using the attached Instructions to Authors) excluding references. Information covered should include:
1. Step-by-step illustration of the biochemical or intercellular signaling pathway (CLO 1, 2).
2. Discussion of the general flows of the pathway (flow of information, flow of mass, flow of energy) and the logic underlying the pathway (why does this arrangement work well?) (CLO 1,2, 3).
3. Indication of key regulatory steps in the pathway and explanation of why this is a logical regulatory step (CLO 1, 2, 4).
4. Indication of how this pathway relates to the central metabolic pathway (glycolysis, TCA cycle, electron transport chain, oxidative phosphorylation) (CLO 2). (Remember that some pathways may not – if that is the case just state this in your paper.)
5. Discuss the commonalities and differences exhibited in this pathway in prokaryotes and eukaryotes (CLO 4).
6. What diseases or disease states are associated with defects in this pathway? If there is no literature, predict what would happen (indicate your rationale) (CLO 1, 2, 4).This is where you will begin to discuss the disease associated with your pathway (diabetes, PDH deficiency, Von Gierke Disease, Sickle cell, Jaundice, etc….)
7. Discuss how the disease states in 6 are differentially expressed in human populations (is there a difference in disease effect or prevalence based on age, sex, geographic location, environmental factors, ancestral origin, race…etc). What are the bases of these differences? If there appears to be no difference in disease effect or prevalence, discuss why. (Example – this is known to be true for sickle cell)
8. Discuss methods used to combat the disease or approaches that are planned. How do/will these work?
10 pages – double spaced – Times New Roman Font with one inch margins
Cover page, inserted figures, and bibliography do not count towards your final 10 pages of text.
Look at the review article example. Review articles are subdivided into sections. Your text should have organized sections like: steps of the pathway, regulation of the pathway and so on. All of these should be labelled as subheadings in your review. The review paper example (as do many scientific journal publications) uses a two column format. You do not need to try to format your paper this way, one column formatting is fine.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more