Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress Scene Analysis
PROMPT: Analyze from Balzac and the Little Seamstress the scene you found most powerful related to education or re-education (3 pages minimum, double-spaced)
For this assignment, you will write an analysis of a scene from the film Balzac and The Little Chinese Seamstress. The entire film is on YouTube so you have an opportunity to review the film, and once you have picked your scene, watch it several times. Think about watching your scene at least once with the sound off, to become more aware of what’s happening visually.
Your paper will need to include these elements, probably though not necessarily in this order:
· A brief synopsis or summary of the scene (assume your audience includes people who have not seen the film)
· A brief description of the characters, the setting, and where we are in the plot.
· A more in depth analysis of the scene, to give your reader a very close look at what happens, who says and does what, how it looks and sounds, what most important details stick with you and have the greatest impact
· Finally, and specifically, what the scene contributes to the film message on education
When talking about particular characters, it is standard to use their character name and include the actor’s name in parentheses. You would only need the actor’s name the first time you mention the character. Here’s an example: “Set in China during the Cultural Revolution of the 1970s, the story follows Luo (Chen Kun) and Ma (Liu Ye), two young men from the city who are sent to a mountain village for a re-education in Maoist principles.”
· Writer sets up the review by identifying the film title, the year it was made, and the director.
· Writer summarizes or offers a concise and accurate synopsis of the scene for potential viewers.
· Writer articulates the scene’s purpose, theme or argument
· Writer provides sufficient detail in his or her analysis, and gives good reasons for his or her claims on the scene.
· Writer controls language at the sentence lever, edits for punctuation, sentence structure, etc.
Yun Zhou plays The Little Seamstress
Yel Liu plays Ma
Kun Chen plays Luo
Shuangbao Wang plays the head of the village
Zhijun Cong plays the Old Tailor
Hongwei Wang plays Four Eyes
The film, released in 2002, was written and directed by Dai Sijie, based on a novel by Dai Sijie.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more