Research Topic discussion
Here are a few tips for topic selection:
· Do seek a philosophically interesting topic. One that applies ethical thought toarguing forIT policies that are fair and just would be good.
· Avoid “how to” papers, as in how to secure your personal information. Such topics don’t engage ethical theory but just concern personal interests.
Here are some topics students have written on to good effect in the past:
· data mining: users as product
· cell phone GPS tracking
· employee workstation monitoring
· Intellectual property rights and music/video pirating
· workplace automation: utopia or dystopia for humans?
· Government surveillance: the Patriot Act and more current policy
· Corporate responsibility and data breaches: prevention and response (I hope someone writes about Equifax)
· Facebook and Fake News
· Digital personal assistants, convenience or dependence
· Artificial intelligence and predictive policing
Tell me what you intend to research and write on for your paper. Good topics will be fairly specific. Big topics get overwhelming quickly. The only constraints are that your topic address ethical issues in IT. There are a great many more specific issues related to the big themes of privacy, intellectual property, and security. But you needn’t feel limited strictly to these. There may be worthy philosophical issues to consider regarding AI, for instance, or cyborgs (are we already cyborgs?).
Also tell me what’s on your mind at this point concerning potential sources. It would be a good idea to read a few things as you are refining your topic plans. Manageable clear discussion of specific issues typically start with some review of an ongoing conversation in print. Think of yourself as joining into that conversation, but only after you’ve listened enough to gain a sense for what might be worth contributing.
There is no length requirement for this step. I just want to make sure you are onto a manageable project before you get in too deep.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more