Assignment: Analyzing Group Techniques
Photo Credit: Getty Images
Group therapy can alleviate feelings of isolation and foster a supportive and collaborative environment for sharing difficult feelings in order to facilitate healing. For many people, being part of a group that has a shared understanding of a struggle provides a unique opportunity to gain understanding of their own experiences.
As you examine one of the group therapy demonstrations from this week’s Learning Resources, consider the role and efficacy of the leader and the reasons that specific therapeutic techniques were selected.
· Select one of the group therapy video demonstrations from this week’s required media Learning Resources. LiNK attached below
In a 3- to 4-page paper, identify the video you selected and address the following:
· What group therapy techniques were demonstrated? How well do you believe these techniques were demonstrated?
· What evidence from the literature supports the techniques demonstrated?
· What did you notice that the therapist did well?
· Explain something that you would have handled differently.
· What is an insight that you gained from watching the therapist handle the group therapy?
· Now imagine you are leading your own group session. How would you go about handling a difficult situation with a disruptive group member?How would you elicit participation in your group? What would you anticipate finding in the different phases of group therapy? What do you see as the benefits and challenges of group therapy?
· Support your reasoning with at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources, and explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Attach the PDFs of your sources.
Link to the video for the assignment
Develop a 3- to 4-page paper considering the role and efficacy of the leader of a group therapy demonstration. Be sure to address the following: · Describe the group therapy techniques that were demonstrated and evaluate how well they were demonstrated. . Include evidence from the literature that supports the use of the demonstrated techniques
Identify what the therapist did well. · Explain something that you would have handled differently. · Identify an insight that you gained form watching the therapist handle the group therapy.
Imagine that you are leading your own group session. · Describe how would you go about handling a difficult group member. · Explain how you would elicit participation in your group. · Describe what you would anticipate to find in different phases of the group therapy. · Explain the benefits and challenges of group therapy.
Support your reasoning with at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources and explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly. Attach the PDFs of your sources.
Written Expression and Formatting – Paragraph Development and Organization: Paragraphs make clear points that support well-developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas. Sentences are carefully focused—neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance. A clear and comprehensive purpose statement and introduction is provided which delineates all required criteria.
Written Expression and Formatting – English writing standards: Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more