Please note!!! Only use the assigned text to complete this assignment. By turning in this assignment, you are giving me your word that you did NOT use any outside sources (including the internet or another student’s essay) to write your essay.
· Write a 900-1200 word essay (approximately three-pages, double-spaced, in 12 point font) in which you answer only ONE of the following topics based on Augustine’s Confessions:
· Relationships: Discuss 2-3 relationships in Augustine’s life as described in the Confessions, and argue whether Augustine believes these relationships led him towards God, away from God, or a bit of both. Relationships to consider include his parents (especially Monica), his friends, and religious leaders (such as Faustus or Ambrose).
· State a clear, strong thesis statement(s) in your essay’s introduction. Make sure it states: 1. your response to the prompt for your particular topic and 2. The textual evidence you are about to discuss to support this argument. In other words, tell me clearly in the first paragraph where you are going for your discussion.
· It is essential that you cite (see directions below) at least six specific examples from the assigned reading to support each of your points in your discussion. Remember that even paraphrases should be cited! This is an exercise in critical reading and writing, so make sure your explanations of your citations are accurate to the context.
Please cite parenthetically the page number(s) at the end of the sentence. No additional information or formal bibliography is required. Example: As Augustine writes at the beginning of the Confessions, “our heart is restless until it rests in you” (3).
Remember that your essay will be scanned by SafeAssign. Avoid plagiarism!!!
· Is there a strong introductory paragraph that provides a clear thesis that addresses one of the assignment’s topics as described in the instructions? (5 points)
· How well is the thesis statement illustrated with appropriate content that answers one of the essay’s topics described in the instructions? (10 points)
· Are references (both direct quotes and paraphrases) properly cited? Are there at least six references total? (10 points)
· How well is the textual evidence evaluated and interpreted to reflect the context? (10 points)
· How well is this evidence organized and synthesized to present a coherent explanation? Did the author produce a lucidly written essay which conforms to the conventions of standard, written, academic English? (15 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more