Assignment 1: Amazon.com Business Combinations and Financial Results Analysis
Due Week 3 and worth 240 points
Search the Internet for acquisitions and equity investments made by Amazon.com during the last five (5) years. Review the 10-K of Amazon.com located athttp://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?company=&match=&CIK=AMZN&filenum=&State=&Country=&SIC=&owner=exclude&Find=Find+Companies&action=getcompany.
WRITE INTRODUCTION AND CONSLUISON TYPE EACH QUESTION BEFORE ANSWER THEM WRITTEN PAGES HAS TO MINUMUM 8PAGES. WRITE THEM ON YOUR OWN WORDS AND PROVIDE ORGINAL WORKS. NO PLAGIRSIM. I WILL USE TURNITIN.
Write 4 page paper in which you:
1. Examine how at least three (3) growth strategy alternatives utilized by Amazon.com in the global and domestic retail markets influenced profitability, and indicate if the strategies were successful.
2. Assess the financial value of the acquisitions and investments made by Amazon.com, and the influence of the acquisitions and investments on profitability during the accounting period.
3. Analyze the effect of the equity investments and impairments resulting from the acquisitions and investments by Amazon.com on the financial statements, and indicate whether or not the strategy was a creatable one. Provide support for your rationale.
4. Create an argument that growth in the European market can have a significant impact on current earnings and profit for Amazon.com. Provide support for your rationale.
5. Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze accounting situations to apply the proper accounting rules and make recommendations to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in accounting.
Write clearly and concisely about accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more